Notifications
Clear all

Brave New World

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Not sure what I think about this yet? I hope this series isn't focused mainly on relationships because the book content is so much deeper. IF this tv series does the book justice it will be good. You would think it would be a limited series (1-3 seasons) because after that you would be dragging it out. I am not sure yet where this is playing but I would be interested in checking this one out.

Topic Tags
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Do you like radio drama, D1? The CBS Radio Workshop has some good titles, including Brave New World.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Oh I might have to download that so I can listen too it in the car, thanks @Cody.

My memory of BNW was from having to read it in school oh so long ago, I believe I saw an old movie that really wasn't that good. So when I saw this TV show I had a little hope that someone might do the book justice because it is a story that could be told well these days.... but with all the political correctness and govt corruption I doubt a director/producer would really make a movie that depicts the book... so we shall see 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@cody

Radio shows Cody? Well,............I can go even further back. Yes D1, check out the Internet Archive.

In it you will find tons of stuff, including radio shows, music and even books like this old school sci-fi Galaxy collection. 😀 

galaxy
This post was modified 4 years ago by Geraldine

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

The Internet Archive is an awesome resource! Long may it rock! Heinlein's Green Hills of Earth is in there.

I pray for one last landing

On the globe that gave me birth

Let me rest my eyes

On the fleecy skies

And the cool green hills of Earth

Heinlein got the idea from C. L. Moore's Shambleau, which is one of the Northwest Smith tales.

Oolite Naval Attaché

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like this one was cancelled after one season.... maybe the stuck too much political correctness or wokeness in it 😉 Yeah the writing could have sucked but how could it with some good reference materials.... If this hits Netflix I will least give it a watch to see why it was cancelled so quickly. Shame, this could have been good.

ReplyQuote