Obi-Wan Kenobi a se...

Notifications
Clear all

Obi-Wan Kenobi a series?

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

The on off film of Kenobi may have been pick up again by Disney but this time if the current internet rumours are to be believed, they are thinking about doing it as a series with Ewan Mcgregor back as Kenobi.

Again according to rumour the series may take the same format as the Mandalorian.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I swear you an I talked about this a few months back but couldn't find the post, but here is a little info on it

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sscadmin

I swear you an I talked about this a few months back but couldn't find the post, but here is a little info on it

Same here, must have been in another thread as I could not find the post about it. As the guys in the vid said a 6 hour series is a better way to go with these adventures as the films seem to have burned themselves out. 

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

The films gentlemen didn't burn themselves out, they committed suicide. All the inconsistencies, ridiculous flip-fops and thinly veiled remake of Return of the Jedi as the Rise of Skywalker were too much. The series entries however are a breath of fresh air and far more immersive. In the end, it will come down to the writing and direction, if it's similar to the Mandalorian, it will be a winner.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @gaius-konstantine

In the end, it will come down to the writing and direction, if it's similar to the Mandalorian, it will be a winner.

I would agree with this, the Mandalorian is a good series. I got disney+ for one month just to watch that. If they do the same thing with Obi-Wan then it will be a great mini series. I think it will be more popular because I think McGregor will bring in a lot of eyes because he reprises his role.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

We should get to see yoda in it as Kenobi know where he is as he tells Luke in Empire.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

They even brought back Hayden Christensen to play his Darth Vader role, so this could be good.... guess I might have to re-up for Disney+ after the end of every season 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Hope we get to see a lot of Vader and here also hoping we don't see a lot of baby Luke or what ever age he is when this take place.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

This looks really good 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@sscadmin I agree!!!  The TV series are more interesting, than the latest trilogy!! (Although "Rogue One" was superb, and "Solo" was charming!!)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Oh no Wesley Crusher alert.

I see that the Boba Fett  series has come in for a bit of a kicking.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Guess who back.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

What is cool is that Hayden Christensen is going to reprise that role, so that will great for the fans. Hope Disney puts this on blu-ray, i don't subscribe to Disney+ or maybe I should to watch these 6 episodes 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Was going to say that I hope Christensen acting ability has improved from the plank he was in the films, but just thinking about it does it really matter who's in the suit, it James Early Jones voice which makes the character. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Had a watch of this and kind of in two minds about it, I don't think it's as bad as some have said it is, does have few glaring plot hole in it, but at six episodes it does not out stay it's welcome.

And I don't think they should make any more, they have told the Kenobi story.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @pinback

And I don't think they should make any more, they have told the Kenobi story.

I like this comment, I like knowing they have told the story to its completion and they won't milk it 🙂 Maybe I will pick this up on blu-ray if they release the series. Or maybe around xmas time I will purchase Disney+ for a month and watch it then. I tried not to read reviews on this one but I have seen some crazy youtube titles bashing this series but I haven't watched them didn't want to spoil it for myself

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Hopefully they wont but as it's Disney who knows.

ReplyQuote