Notifications
Clear all

Mad Max: Fury Road

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like this reboot is going to be impressive by this trailer here, I cannot wait for this to come out now.

auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hmm trailer seems a little bit full of CGI explosions and helpless scantily-clad maidens 😀 but hopefully it'll still be worth watching.

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks pretty good from the trailer but they will have a hard job to top Mad Max 2 which is still the best post apocalyptic film made.

At least George Miller is doing it, bit of a shame that Gibson did not get a comeo in it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like a lot of action in this second trailer

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Hmm, I'm a little worried that it will be nothing but action. Don't get me wrong, I can't get enough of the Mad Max style of action, but that isn't what should define it as a film. They need to create that "feel" from the original films and action, as great as it looks, won't do that on it's own.

Oh, and Tom Hardy doesn't look broody enough, he's too.. human? Max was pretty screwed up and actually pretty selfish as a result of his life and trying to survive. Looks like a nice guy in this.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

New trailer

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)

I just saw Fury Road this morning, and I can testify that this is absolutely awesome. Cant wait for the DVD to get out.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Good to hear Nevil. I know this is basically a reboot, but do they try to tie in the original films at all or is there any cameos from the original films?

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)

is there any cameos from the original films?

The only wink from previous movies I saw is when one of the 5 girls is playing with a little musicbox, as in this Mad Max 2 scene : 

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)

I just saw Fury Road this morning, and I can testify that this is absolutely awesome. Cant wait for the DVD to get out.

Hands down the directors, this was beautifully executed, looking really forward to the two sequels!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Good to hear Nevil. I know this is basically a reboot, but do they try to tie in the original films at all or is there any cameos from the original films?

Was not Gibson supposed appear in it?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Back in 2003 yeah, but it got put on hold because Mel was directing Passion of the Christ. I have always though Mel Gibson is a good director and let him share or direct one of the sequels.... but here is a good link to Fury Road trivia

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/trivia

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Watched the bluray last night and bloody brilliant, best Mad Max film since the Road Warrior and the first half hour is hilarious where his situation keeps getting worst and he trying to get that face mask off.

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)

I'm on my way to get the dvd  🙂

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

Holy shit was this good! This can definitely be compared to Road Warrior! I know I'm a bit late on this, but wow! This was a superb addition to the Mad Max saga. The fact that Max is played by Tom Hardy instead of Mel Gibson was almost unnoticeable. the theme was done just right!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I saw this movie about 2wks ago and it was alright, I wasn't awe struck when watching it (my wife fell asleep during the movie). I think they captured the whole desolate life aspect and struggling to survive. But the road combat action at some points was a little over the top ... they could have removed the whole vehicle with the speaker system with the guitarist shooting flames 🙂

I would have liked a real gritty and savage type movie, I have heard that George Miller will probably not direct another Mad Max and maybe that is a good thing. I think the acting was good (especially Charlize Theron, I think she performed better than Tom Hardy). I just want to have a different spin on this series and this movie just didn't capture what I envisioned it to be.

ReplyQuote