Remake Escape From ...

Notifications
Clear all

Remake Escape From New York

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I just seen this mentioned on a YouTube video, hopefully it will just die a death as their no way they could do it better than the orginal. 

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah I saw something like that on a youtube video a few weeks ago and just shook my head and said 'yup, that will flop hard'. Hey they made Escape from LA 🤣 when they shouldn't have and that still had Kurt Russel.  But they do have the ability to make this happen with visuals, its just assembling a good cast and sprucing up the dialog.... We shall see, it would be nice to see John Carpenter assist.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Nothing can top the original. I mean Donald Pleasence, Lee Van Cleef and Ernest Borgnine. These guys couldn't ever be replaced and I doubt Kurt Russell would be interested either.

As for John Carpenter, pretty much essential.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Bad news it looks like it may be happening and Carpenter onboard as a producer, but I live in hope that it will just get stuck in development hell for the next 30 years.

Geraldine right I doubt they could put together a cast like the original film unless they have a shed load of money, love that music and I believe Carpenter wrote most of the music for his films.  

Escape from LA may have been a bit soso but it did have a great ending.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Pinback

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote