Notifications
Clear all

THE MANDALORIAN

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

More Star Wars from the mouse house, this appears to be a streaming series about the Fett's, at least it set within the classic films time line.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This looks better than episode 9 imo

This will probably only be available on Disney+ so maybe wwe will see it for purchase on media after the season or series is done.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Ugh.... It looks like this is only on Disney+

I guess I will check this out when I can buy it on BluRay when the series is done.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

You know given that the character was supposed to be a real bad ass, you have to wonder what Disney has changed.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Possibly, its not being released as a movie and not just anyone can view the show since you need Disney+. But Disney has made a few PG13 movies, it will probably be rated that, its amazing what is considered PG13 today 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I forgot to update this thread, I broke down and purchased Disney+ for one month just to watch season 1 a few months back and I will admit, Disney you did good with this series. This is the way Star Wars should be presented to us, as long as they stick to this way of directing/production this will be a solid hit. Only complaint is that some of their episodes are a bit short, I would have liked 47-52min episodes there was some under 40mins. 

Here is the new trailer to season 2, will probably do the same I will buy Disney+ when all the episodes are available and binge watch them 😉

This post was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

And the main theme, was spot on!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I just realised that you can now buy the 1 and 2nd season on DVD. 😀 😎 😀 ordered it and I see the book of Boba Fett can also be got. 😀 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

@pinback You are in for a treat!!! And the "Book of Boba Fett" is also series 2.5 of Mandalorian!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Should get it in a couple of days and then I'm going to binge watch. 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Strange how no one has made a game about this, you think it was the perfect material for one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Best Starwars since the original films and hats off to Favreau he really nailed it, much better than any of the other offerings from Disney.

Love the spaghetti western theme which run through the show and getting to see some more of the background aliens we saw in the films.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

@pinback

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

So I just watched the book of Boba Fett and it's pretty understandable way a lot of the fans are upset with this, as Fett not so much the bad ass more of a old man in a bacta tank which some of the character say to Fett in the series.

For me the best bits are the flash backs he has in his bacta tank and the easter eggs, worst, the teenage mod gang on their hover scooters, who ever thought that one up need their head bang against a wall.

I think the problem with this series is that the producers probably did not want to do another version of the Mandalorian and Fett as a character does not fit the typical Disney hero.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Trailer for season 3, can help but think they should have ended it at 2.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I might check this out again when I take time off for xmas to watch all the seasons of Mandalorian, thats what I did for S1. I think that is a big problem with TV series, if they are popular they don't want to just end them so they start to fragment into different story lines. Its what happened to the Walking Dead, was a great show until they messed with the characters not in conjunction with the source material.

So hopefully they can stay focused on a main story and don't drag it out. People will come back for more of their now shows if they just make them quality mini series 1-3 seasons tops

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

A lot of these streaming serveries seem to be just making content with Disney being one of the worst offenders, I would not be too surprised to see a show based on what R2D2 and CP30 got upto between Revenge and a new hope. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

So I been at the relatives  who has Disney, so naturally I binged watched the third season and it seems to tie up the loose end of the first two seasons and a non cliff hanging ending. so not sure if they are going for a fourth season but if they do it will probably be a new set of adventures.

ReplyQuote