Dan Simmons - Hyper...

Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Dan Simmons - Hyperion  

RSS

s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
January 14, 2011 08:02  

Anyone heard of this guy?

A friend got me the Hyperion omnibus for christmas as she thought this guy was Peter F Hamilton (My favorite author).

I've only just started, it seems pretty good (couldn't put it down last night 😉 ) but I was wondering if any of you guys have given this a read or at least heard of it?

Cheers,

Dan.

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered
January 14, 2011 11:05  
Quote:
Anyone heard of this guy?

A friend got me the Hyperion omnibus for christmas as she thought this guy was Peter F Hamilton (My favorite author).

I've only just started, it seems pretty good (couldn't put it down last night ) but I was wondering if any of you guys have given this a read or at least heard of it?

Cheers,

Dan.

You are in a treat. 😀 Even better than Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy (And that was a real page turner). Does the omnibus also have the "Fall of Hyperion"?

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
January 14, 2011 12:54  
Quote:
You are in a treat. 😀 Even better than Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy (And that was a real page turner). Does the omnibus also have the "Fall of Hyperion"?

Great, yes it contains the 'Fall of Hyperion' also. Think I'll have an early night and read this hehe.

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered
October 6, 2011 23:52  

The first Hyperion book is a classic, really good and thought-provoking (Peter F. Hamilton can learn a lot from here).

The second is a good modern space opera.

The third, for me, was boring.

Never finished the third, never started the forth.

ReplyQuote
AcesHigh
(@aceshigh)
Master Chief Registered
August 6, 2014 21:02  

the whole series is awesome, and the ending of the final book is the best ending I ever read in any book. The third and fourth book are better than most people realize... and they are really need, in order to understand the first two.

ReplyQuote
Share: