Forum

State of science fi...

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

State of science fiction visual novels?  

RSS

Anonymous
January 9, 2015 7:43 pm  

I would like to know, what is the state of the science fiction or sci-fi visual novels. Are there any good out there? Is there any western novels that are not made in anime style?

(Also, point'n'click in most occasions is just a VN with interactive elements - why do people insist on them being different, I cannot comprehend) 

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
January 10, 2015 4:10 pm  

I have always wanted to make a game using http://www.renpy.org/ but I suck at art, but I think I could make a good story out of what is in my head. But then I need the free time as well 🙂

Don't often see scifi in visual novel type games often, its usually like what you say which is anime. I mean I saw a crazy kickstarter for a anime game that doubled its target in 3 days and it was over $400k... crazy! If you have a good artist you could make some really great stories.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
January 11, 2015 10:00 am  

Incidentally, I am also trying to make a VN, but my problem is that every idea I come up with are far too grand and impersonal operas that I would probably never finish as a rookie. Also, I am not too soddy at drawing things. I am a bit rusty, but everything should start coming back as I make pictures and stuff.

n9RlQ8X.jpg

Perhaps we could make a VN together. (Something on the shorter side kind of VN.)

ReplyQuote
Share: