Notifications
Clear all

Aliens

LordJohn
(@lordjohn)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, the game looks awesome ...

Q. Are you planning includ alien race, maybe even several alien races, with other weapon types and staff?  or just other faction with similar ships in different colors, I hope not  🙂

MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

Hi, the game looks awesome ...

Q. Are you planning includ alien race, maybe even several alien races, with other weapon types and staff?  or just other faction with similar ships in different colors, I hope not  🙂

Adding aliens will double the cost to make the game and the time taken to make it. We don't want another abandoned or unfinished project so it is just factional warfare in the first game.

That said if the crowdfunding goes wild we'll consider it.

ReplyQuote
LordBaal
(@lordbaal)
Petty Officer Registered

I like that. If you want to build something you start by the base, then slowly and carefully introduce new ideas, explore new areas and grow from a solid base.

ReplyQuote
brianpurkiss
(@brianpurkiss)
Petty Officer Registered

I like that. If you want to build something you start by the base, then slowly and carefully introduce new ideas, explore new areas and grow from a solid base.

That's our plan!

I've seen too many indie games fail not because they were bad games, but because the developers bit off more than they can chew. 

We're working real hard to try and keep Shallow Space down to a manageable amount.

ReplyQuote
tuklap
(@tuklap)
Crewman Registered

Adding aliens will double the cost to make the game and the time taken to make it. We don't want another abandoned or unfinished project so it is just factional warfare in the first game.

That said if the crowdfunding goes wild we'll consider it.

For Crowd Funding, just make it as a milestone.. I know with this fan base you have it will be reached. I just hope it won't take long like PA...

ReplyQuote
brianpurkiss
(@brianpurkiss)
Petty Officer Registered

For Crowd Funding, just make it as a milestone.. I know with this fan base you have it will be reached. I just hope it won't take long like PA...

The difference between PA and Shallow Space is quite simple, Shallow Space has been in development for coming up on a year now while PA had the Kickstarter before it began the development.

ReplyQuote
tuklap
(@tuklap)
Crewman Registered

The difference between PA and Shallow Space is quite simple, Shallow Space has been in development for coming up on a year now while PA had the Kickstarter before it began the development.

Soo it's being developed now? that's great. It may even surpass HW remastered if it will be released by this year... I like the ship detail and how weapons fire and see the projectiles. Gives me the impression of Nexus and HW2

ReplyQuote
brianpurkiss
(@brianpurkiss)
Petty Officer Registered

Soo it's being developed now? that's great. It may even surpass HW remastered if it will be released by this year... I like the ship detail and how weapons fire and see the projectiles. Gives me the impression of Nexus and HW2

Yes, it is actively being developed. 

Nexus and Homeworld are big inspirations for this game. The creator actually is making Shallow Space because of nostalgia for those game and a lack of "modern" Nexus/HW

ReplyQuote
tuklap
(@tuklap)
Crewman Registered

Yes, it is actively being developed. 

Nexus and Homeworld are big inspirations for this game. The creator actually is making Shallow Space because of nostalgia for those game and a lack of "modern" Nexus/HW

I Agree. Nexus boast on individual Ship control and Detail/Technology per ship while HW is more of the True 3D Space RTS. I think shallow space will be embraced by HW fans like me.

ReplyQuote
Khaleg
(@khaleg)
Crewman Registered

I Agree. Nexus boast on individual Ship control and Detail/Technology per ship while HW is more of the True 3D Space RTS. I think shallow space will be embraced by HW fans like me.

Of course, you are not alone here HW fan... 🙂

ReplyQuote