Notifications
Clear all

Die me, Dichotomy

MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

So the game has essentially forked into two, with the art team working on the graphical effects and myself on the mechanical prototype. Over the next few months we'll see screenshots from both but the gameplay videos will be from the prototype, when the time is right we'll merge the two together, tie a ribbon around it and put a skirmish mode on Steam so we can start funding the ships.

SSC3.png

There is also talk of an investor, you probably wouldn't believe who if I told you and I'm not sure I even can yet - but its a real eye-opener and I'm looking forward to following it through. We have a new addition to the team, previously working on 'Angels Fall First' Dae is providing us with ship sketches as we really start to shape the future of Shallow Space.

Over on IndieDB you can find out more about the direction of the graphical effects, an animated GIF showing an explosion and a more general update as too our progress in the article The Human Condition

SSC2.png

You can find out more about how the game mechanics are progressing in the latest blog entry 'Order to Chaos' along with more of these stunning images from the art team and Part 3 of 5 of 'The Gift' a short story set in the Shallow Space universe written by John Harper our resident scribe Shallow Space.

Below is the latest development video, enjoy.

Anonymous

'Investor' sounds both good and bad to me.  Good in that at least game dev will have some security and a finished product is more likely to see, but bad in that investors tend to come with the risk of losing creative freedom and forced deadlines.

Separating graphics from mechanics sounds kinda neat and efficient.

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

'Investor' sounds both good and bad to me.  Good in that at least game dev will have some security and a finished product is more likely to see, but bad in that investors tend to come with the risk of losing creative freedom and forced deadlines.

Separating graphics from mechanics sounds kinda neat and efficient.

About the investor, you are right and I am very wary, it's always nice to have another weapon in the arsenal but I think Early Access should get us the funds we need to make this the title it needs to be. This guy isn't some bloke sat behind a desk rubbing his hands together anyway, he has made a measurable contribution to the space RTS genre - his input would mean much much more than just an injection of cash and in fact, it would be an honour to work with him (Kapla!)

Yes it is efficient, saves faffing about with versioning and data transfer - we are in different countries, can't wait to see what he comes back with, he also has a pretty impressive history but again annoyingly, i'm bound by what I can say!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

This guy isn't some bloke sat behind a desk rubbing his hands together anyway, he has made a measurable contribution to the space RTS genre - his input would mean much much more than just an injection of cash and in fact, it would be an honour to work with him (Kapla!)!

Is he someone from Relic?

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Is he someone from Relic?

Nope, they have been dormant for quite some time now, best to leave this conversation be now anyway; lest we wake the gods.

ReplyQuote