Notifications
Clear all

MPL3D Solar System introduction

MPL3D
(@mpl3d)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I thought you'd like to know that MPL3D Solar System is taking a step into spaceship simulation.

It includes newtonian flight physics, along with a basic range of parameters that allow the user to load and pilot custom spaceship meshes.

The spaceship is injected into our own solar system and galaxy, so the good thing is that you can travel in a real representation of the space.

This is an educative project, and cannot be considered as a game. It has no gameplay and the user spaceship is pretty much the only one out there at the moment.

However, it includes an asteroid mini-game, and you can configure some lasers for the spaceship. Some other mini-games could be included for the release or the next versions.

Enough talk, these videos show some wip progress, hope you enjoy:

MPL3D Custom Spaceship Test

Porsimo_th1.jpg

Travel from the Sun to the Earh at the Speed of Light

Sun_Earth_Speed_Light_YouTube_.jpg

MPL3D Solar System - Shadows of Saturn

Saturn_shadows_YouTube_th.jpg

Thanks for reading and watching.

I hope you find it interesting, I'll let you know when it is released.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Some really nice visuals in MPL3D, I take it this is all homegrown? Will we be able to fly at different speeds and how is the scale of the galaxy? How long would it take us to get from Earth to Pluto at normal engine speed?

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Really like the blue and red shift effect when the ship jumps to light speed. Nice work MPL3D

ReplyQuote
MPL3D
(@mpl3d)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Many thanks for your comments.

Some really nice visuals in MPL3D, I take it this is all homegrown?

Well, thanks a lot. Yes you may say that, although we like to call ourselves independent software vendors
Here is our Intel software partner page:

http://software.inte...a1-0050568d2e6c

And the product page at Intel:

http://software.inte...lar-system.aspx

Will we be able to fly at different speeds and how is the scale of the galaxy?

Yes well, let’s see. I appreciate the question. I’m sure you’ll find the answer interesting.

MPL3D Solar System is a scientific representation of our galaxy and its neighborhoods. That means that it is all in a 1:1 scale, more or less to the meter. Spaceship size itself can be specified in meters.
And yes, you can travel at different speeds, of course adjusting engine power 😉

But it is not only that, as said, you can customize your spaceship, and set it to be as fast as you want. Speed is set in Km/s.
So maybe you want to use real parameters, and set a maximum speed of, let’s say, 50,000 Km/s, or perhaps you’d like to be able to travel outside the galaxy, in which case I recommend ships of 1000 light speeds, or the galaxy will look still in real time.

How long would it take us to get from Earth to Pluto at normal engine speed?

I see you ask the right questions, hehe 😉

It can take you as short as you want. The simulation has an ‘accelerated time’ feature incorporated.

So, for example, if you want to travel to Alpha Centauri, you can set your ship to reach light speed, and it will take you just 4.4 years in front of your screen, but with accelerated time mode, you can be there in a matter of minutes, as usual in these kind of simulations. The simulation clock advances (as well as celestial bodies) and it will show an offset of 4.4 years when arriving to the Alpha Centauri system. There you can visit its three components, and re-fuel by performing a low-level flight over a star surface. How does that sound? 😉

So, you can change your ship properties, and you can accelerate time as well.

As said above, you can customize your ship. There are parameters relative to the physical properties, visuals, etc.
For example, acceleration can be expressed in G, so you can reach light speed in some years or in a matter of minutes 😉

Really like the blue and red shift effect when the ship jumps to light speed. Nice work MPL3D

Yes, thank you very much. We try to focus in the scientific representation when possible 😉

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Many thanks for your interest.

ReplyQuote
MPL3D
(@mpl3d)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

The new version of MPL3D Solar System has arrived

“MPL3D Solar System (Touch)” includes now touch enabled capabilities and a customizable spaceship mode, allowing the user to flight all around the galaxy with Newtonian physics for the space flight.

Made with DGDK , this is the 5th version of the MPL3D saga, that keeps on with a continuous improvement of the original idea: An astronomy tool for the whole family.

Better textures for celestial bodies and improved graphic effects, including 7 combinations of HDR/Bloom, Heat Haze for stars and spaceship engines, and revised effects for nebulae, star clusters and galaxies.

Touch control adds a new feeling of intuitive, natural handling, bringing a new experience to the final user.

Spaceship mode enhances the entertainment side of the simulation, and even a fabulous 3d asteroids mini-game has been included. Spaceship control mode has all the common options in this type of simulations, which also include joystick and touch control, to allow a better control of the spaceship. 

On the spaceship graphics side, seven configurable cameras, dozens of effects and up to eight light sources. The cockpit includes all kind of gauges for the three crew members, like gyroscope, g forces indicator, mission time, and even a 3d radar of the solar system.

Please watch these videos produced with the new version:

Image of the spaceship leaving Tokyo behind:

I hope you find it interesting

ReplyQuote
MPL3D
(@mpl3d)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Dear all,

There is a new version of MPL3D Solar System available for download:

https://www.4shared.com/web/directDownload/j6Z6RAaaba/2bw6s.265eadb967ac1f086bab945a600d90da

Hope that you enjoy it and please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Manuel Perez de Lema Lopez

MPL3D Team

ReplyQuote
Marleigh
(@marleigh)
Crewman Registered

I think this is so interested

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Marleigh

ReplyQuote