Notifications
Clear all

ADIOS Amigos

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Think this more a multi-player game and it looks like a family game, out now on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/725120/ADIOS_Amigos/ and Xbox 1 and heading for PS4 soon.if you are interested then it's 50% off on steam now.

Website http://www.adiosgame.com/

From the website.
In ADIOS Amigos, just like in real life, everything moves: We are all part of a big cosmic clockwork. It’s going on above your head as you walk the planet surface. Night becomes day as planets orbit the sun. Hundreds of asteroids with their own trajectory. We even simulate temperature and atmospheric resistance, and there is no cheating involved.
The player is free to do anything within the confines of the simulation. You can…
…spontaneously exit the ship inside a busy asteroid field!
…fly to the sun and melt your ship!
…tow a giant mushroom and put it in orbit around the sun!
…ride a sofa into a black hole!

Rookie Mode
With Rookie mode it is possible for players of different skill levels to play together. Parents can play with their young children. Or gamers can play with their less talented parents and siblings. We want the whole family to be able to play ADIOS Amigos together. Rookie mode makes the controls easier and stops the player from doing obviously dangerous things.
Features
Local co-op multiplayer for 1-4 players.
Dynamic split screen keeps the screen estate to a maximum for all four players.
Three campaigns that can be played cooperatively or single player.
Rookie mode for young children or inexperienced gamers.
Procedurally generated solar systems filled with planets, space-stations, aliens and artifacts.
Detailed physical simulation of entire solar systems including gravity, temperature, and atmosphere.
Funky soundtrack. With saxophone solos!
No weapons or killing (horrible accidents may occur).

Gernot66
(@gernot66)
Lieutenant Registered

realistic physics - oh keh 😉

i can imagine this will be a lot of fun to play.

cowbells, we want more cowbells (grin).

not a bad idea to get the family back in front of the machine.

no weapons?
not such a good idea imho

you will have to pardon me, now follows an essay about wht i think of playing war or violence in games in general, not only computer games.
i know many ppl bring violence in games and violence in real life in a consense.
but there is no such consense it's a coincidence.
if it would be a consense then drinking your mothers milk would turn you to an alcoholic because every alcoholic drank his mothers milk, it's pretty the same fallacy.

i would even say it's vice versa, if you forbid this the danger is greater.
so i didn't think it's proper to say "our game is non violent because it's family or child friendly".
children like tomplay war, they do it anyway if they can, the ones who aren't allowed will be the ones who have less control aboout their violence, at least this is my personal experience with this as a child.
my parents obviousely didn't liked war and weapons of any sort, obviousely because mom is a war victim and a refugee.
thus i had to buy me weapons and war toys myself and had to live with their criticism.
often we made them ourselfes, guns and bows out of all kinds of materials, even fibreglass which resulted in a quite dangerous bow. that stuff had to work else it wasn't good.

but i think while you play war as a child you learn to differ between real violence and play.
this can cost some scarves but it's not a bad thing in general.

i know that not everyone has this capability to differ well but we can't take always respect to the mental distorted ones or can't take them as scheme for the big rest who isn't that way.

of course parents can have even a bad influence on that and toying with guns and foremost to be disrespectful to humans or other living things will leave other scarves, deeper ones in the soul and not in the flesh.

being disrespectful to humans and living things that's the point, likewise breasty milk you suck this behave in as a child. but one mustn't be violent to be disrespectful there are many other ways to disrespect humans and animals.
there are many other ways to exalt yourself.

to repeat myself, i didn't think that violence in games causes violence in real life. as i said to me it even appears vice versa so i'm not sure if that is "good" to point out "our game is non violent".
it will leak of weapons and fights this i'm pretty sure and apart from that i think "cool game"
i wouldn't play it because i can't fight.

to me the conflict even with weapons is a vital part of games, of course it depends on the game you play, a train simulator for sure needs no weapons.
but a train simulator never ever fascinated my son.

no he wanted to play all the games which was "forbidden" for him, i would have liked the same and i never forbid that, it has cost me even a hard struggle with my ex-wife. i bought him GTA san andreas when he was far to young for it, as mentioned at least. David isn't a stupid idiot i knew, very soon he disliked the parts where violence is useless, in the beginning he punished all with his crowbar even old grandma. i know how children are i haven't forgot like i was myself. very soon he was bored of this useless violence, it's anything else as fun and you just have to let them make their experiences them self and don't demand or command if it comes to playing (as i said some differ but they are mentally distorted with or without violence in games, if it's not in the genes then they sucked it in with the milk).

his very first computer game he played was to hammer down poor groundhogs, he had big fun with that at the age of 4, but david isn't violent, he never was and had big problems with children who was for real violent. hmmm... strangewisely (or not that strangewisely) the parents of such chilren always protected their children and said "not my child - your child is guilty" i guess this tells a lot about what is the wrong behave as parents. and imho this is responsible for real violence as child or in your later life as an adult.

you did that - you are responsible, that's the way to guide children.
you smashed that window in? ok lets go and be honest, tell them it was you and we can see how we can fix this (he had to help me to fix the broken windows, fortunately i worked at this time in a carpentery, he wasn't a big help at all but that's not the point. the point is to be honest)

so in my opinion children can play as violent games as they like to it won't lead to violence.
i did as well despite that my parents disliked it much.
im also the one who counters "listen, chess is a game of war so what's the problem?"
yes it's civilized, but c'mon what was your imagination as a child when you saw chess?
knights, peasants, queen and king this leaves no question about the roots of chess.
at least i saw them fighting in my fantasy.

if i restrict or forbid the danger is the greatest, this is valid also for myself, for my psyche.
"if i can't (won't) see the evil dragon (in myself) i can't fight against him"
we are all violent, not a single human is excluded of this, nature is violent by itself.
but we have a concious mind and can feel responsabilty.
it doesn't grows by itself, conciousness and responsability must be trained, and games of war and even violent games are a tool to train this.

to an adult many things might look violent of which a child will say "c'mon it's just a game".

however, i didn't liked to say that it's a bad game, i just wouldn't like to play it without a possibility for a battle, especially not as child.
children like to measure their power, doing so will help you to find your rank in society.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Definitely a different style of game, not sure home much it will sell because it is missing some aspects I think it should have I agree with Gernot on a lot of what he said about.

Games should always have some sort of real life consequence in them, because in most situations games are actually teaching tools even if people don't think of them as such. If a parent is responsible enough they should know the content and premise of any game their kid will play to make sure that they can explain specific aspects or the points of the game. Kids know the difference between video game violence and real violence.

This world is full of political correctness and trying to make the world into sunshine and rainbows. In the USA video games are the least of our worries, I think the biggest impact on kids is the mass medication of our children but I will leave that for another discussion and not here 😉

To get back to the game, it looks cute and almost has a Little Big Planet feel too it, even that game had violence and I considered that game very kid friendly 🙂

ReplyQuote