Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Dev diary for the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Very short dev dairy's part one and two for dec.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

They are working on some decent features.... I doubt this will be ready in 2020 though, it still seems to need more before this should be opened up for the world to play. But it is definitely taking shape and I have always loved the fact we all play on the same server/instance.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Something to do with Alpha 3, was that not the moon base in space 1999.?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

A lot of big features in this alpha 3 release.... impressive. I liked the voxel damage and organization mechanics (I think that one will be a tough one to QA depending on how deep it is)

So much in the game so far, they need a lot of play testers just to help work out the kinks, but definitely good progress and will probably be out years before SC 🤣 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The latest Dual Universe trailer that shows off what we can expect in the game, looking good 🙂

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hum... this is looking like a full-time job! 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The graphics are a little lower key than Star Citizen but it is creating what SC is doing in less time and money.... make you wonder what the heck they are doing with the 250+ mil 🙂 Can't wait to see how this game progresses in development, so far this trailer shows an amazing amount of depth. Yeah I agree @d-c-elington it might be another job to play this one 😉

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

The graphics are a little lower key than Star Citizen but it is creating what SC is doing in less time and money.... make you wonder what the heck they are doing with the 250+ mil 🙂 Can't wait to see how this game progresses in development, so far this trailer shows an amazing amount of depth. Yeah I agree @d-c-elington it might be another job to play this one 😉

This is an irritating comment.  'Dual Universe' has been in development for 6 years now with no ending in sight.  There is no evidence it is progressing better than 'Star Citizen'.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Blah64

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @blah64

This is an irritating comment.  'Dual Universe' has been in development for 6 years now with no ending in sight.  There is no evidence it is progressing better than 'Star Citizen'.

Technically the kickstarter and the first announcement of the game was in 2016, they have raised just over 20mil in funding and look what this team has done. Star Citizen team has 10x the people and money, you almost can't even compare them. I haven't played the alpha at all, but from what I can see in articles and trailers the game seems to be coming along nicely for what they are making. So yes, because of the team size and money raised they are doing a amazing job thus far, of course it would make sense if development took longer. Look at Infinity Battlescape, that game has been in development longer than both SC and DU 🙂 These sorts of games take time especially with the scale and freedom they are trying to provide the gamer. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

pod cast 6 for anyone following this.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Something to do with ship combat in the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The Rebirth Project, the beta starts on 8/27 with a subscription also starting up at $7 a month

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like your avatar in Dual Universe just got an upgrade

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Building Fundamentals, looks like if you know how to code in LUA you really can do some amazing things.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Couple of short vids for the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

These videos make the universe look a little empty?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The game is launching on the 27 of Sept.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Here is the steam page, and there is a demo available: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2000270/Dual_Universe/

I need to find some time to sit down with this sometime soon.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like it went live today.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

A lot of people are not giving it good rankings, which for a subscription model game this could be very bad. I am sure a lot of people at first will pay the $15 to just play the game with everything instead of the demo. And if the game doesn't pull people in to stay then Novaquark could be in trouble since they are using a subscription model for the game.

Guess it will be interesting what this game will look like in Dec. Because they have to keep the fixes/content coming or people will stop playing. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2