Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Jumpgate!

JGMagoobie
(@jgmagoobie)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey All.

So i posted this in the introductions thread also. But i think this might be a better suited place for it! 🙂

My name is Sean, I play a game called Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative, My pilot name is -Magoobie-

So the reason i came here! Is to share with you guys a little about  Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative (also Jumpgate or Jumpgate Classic and commonly abbreviated as JG or JGC) is a space based MMORPG in a science fiction setting for the PC, released in North America on September 25, 2001. In the game, jumpgates are used to travel from sector to sector, Within each sector you will find many things to explore.. Maybe an old artifact a relic from the great collapse? Which could be a much greater piece of ship technology say an engine or a shield. Maybe you're more of a trader and will just be doing fly by as you pass by to your next dock and increase in fortunes, Maybe you're an econ worker, moving commidities and building ship equipment to keep stations stocked and replenished with gear that is always needed! Maybe you're a miner.. Looking for that specific type of roid for a mission or maybe you're more of a money guy and want to mine Purer asteroids for commidities to sell rather than ore. Maybe you're not really a trader or a treasure hunter or a miner at all.. Maybe you are looking for the thrill of combat against an alien menace..Maybe you are a bounty hunter.. a pirate..maybe you are part of your factions military. As well all 3 of the main factions all have their own miltary force that You can fly for and be part of... Maybe you're just a factionalist who believes the others are lesser and should be eradicated..Maybe you want to start a squad..Further your goals.. share those goals with others and become a force to be reckoned with, within the JG universe? The nice thing about jumpgate.. Is you can be any of these things and more! It is really up to you.. The game can be played however you like. There really aren't many limitations at all 🙂 The near Newtonian physics make it a challenging and fun experience to fly.

Now this seems like a come buy this game kinda speel.. but the great thing about jumpgate is its now privately run on a private server... The game is free to play and it always will be :)!

Now i've honestly played this game since it was in Beta.. I was 8 years old when i first started playing and i've played on and off ever since (I'm now 24) I have never played a game that i'll keep going back to so frequently..It is known jokingly amongst the guys/girls that play as 'Jumpcrack'.. Once you start playing.. It really is that addictive 🙂

I type all of this at 6am in the morning so i'm not 100% on the ball. However I do urge if you've never given it a try.

http://jumpgate-tri.org/

Go there! download the client, Make a character. Download the updater (Its in the news posts). Run the updater and i hope to see you in space soon 🙂

If anyone here does decide to come play  please don't be afraid to contact -Magoobie- in game for help getting started etc 🙂 Always happy to help.. as is alot of the community who play jumpgate. We are a family and we want you to come join us 🙂

Thanks!

-Goobie

and a sample of some PvP fun 😀

Thanks for reading!