Notifications
Clear all

New Dune game/Spice Wars

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

New game on the way https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/27/18243384/dune-funcom-video-game-legendary-entertainment-movie-2020 alone with a new film.

Some sort of online survival game, probably won't last that long and it won't be anywhere near as good as the two old games from the 1990.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hmm, I don't think funcom will make a RTS like the old Dune games. I think they will create a 1st/3rd person style of game would be my guess, maybe even a MMO depending on how well the movie does.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Westwood Dune 2 is classic especial with the tank rush, but the first one is also worth playing, great music as I recall and a mix of an adventure game and strategy game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Dune 2000 was good as well. There is plenty of places to download Dune/Dune 2. I haven't put them on the site because I am still unsure if I can host them.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Surprised to find that that none of the games are on GOG and my guess would be something to do with the licence of the games from Frank Herbert estate, that keeping them off.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Moved this topic to here as it looks like it's going to be a RTS and it has a Steam page Dune: Spice Wars on Steam (steampowered.com)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like the game is coming out on the 26th of this month and a bit of surprise as it's going to be early access game.

ReplyQuote