(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

So what do you think about the combat?

Least its not on a rails... 🙂

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Air suppression mode, still hoping they will do a space one at some point.

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

I really can't for the life of me understand why they can't expand the vehicular part of this game to be a full-fledged space sim like X-Wing or TIE Fighter.  (Or better yet, make one of those games INSTEAD.)  I know that's a big ask, but with all that they already have, wouldn't it be a tiny fraction of their total development time?  We're mainly talking about shields with zones, power allocation and some significant time and thought tuning ship speed and maneuverability.  (Granted, maybe map size is by far the biggest limitation.)  I know, I know, it's a lot of work, but wouldn't it vastly expand the appeal of their game?  (It would certainly move me from "mildly excited" to "absolutely thrilled".)  It's hard for me to accept that EA can make more money by making the ships blah and boring than making them interesting.

I just don't understand big publishers.  Sure, they want to also market to 12-year-olds, but when I was a 12-year-old I wanted all the same cool stuff I want as an adult.  Perhaps today's 12-year-olds have a femtosecond attention span, or have all simply been smashed in the face with a shovel.  One of those things might explain what's happening.  

ReplyQuote
Shadowma45
(@shadowma45)
Senior Chief Registered

So any chance this will be released to pc?

Thanks for any info.

Shadowma

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Pretty sure it will be coming out on PC.

If it will be any good on PC is another matter given that their have been some disasters with console ports to the PC games lately.

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

It's almost on rails. I'll bet if you set of in a direction you'll be put back on the "track" again.

ReplyQuote
NorthernHermit
(@northernhermit)
Crewman Registered

Will be Origin game so expecting it is another game where players have to spend over 200 euros to get it full 🙂

ReplyQuote