Notifications
Clear all

StarWars Battlefront

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Yes it another StarWars Battlefront game although this time it's being done by Dice, little bit about on it RPS  http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/17/hoth-the-dice-planet-star-wars-battlefront/

Neagoth
(@neagoth)
Senior Chief Registered

Well if its Star Wars and they make it similar to Battlefield series i'll be a happy man 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Well if its Star Wars and they make it similar to Battlefield series i'll be a happy man  🙂

Even though I don't like these kind of games, I really liked the Battlefront  games on my PSP (Even as a single player game)!!! 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

If I remember correctly they were making it with the frostbyte 2 engine and if so its going to look nice. The battlefront games were fun to play when I played them on the xbox, always wondered why a decent selling series didn't get more games coming out? But with all the good Star Wars games for some reason they stop making them.... ahem X-Wing, Tie-Fighter ring a bell 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New trailer.

So they are going to make the best StarWars game ever..............think we have heard that before , looks pretty much the same as the other ones but then blasting Ewoks never get old.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

I had a very fun time playing Star Wars Battlefront II first on PS2, but much more on PC because of the numerous mods available. It was a good mix of space and ground battles, and a long story to unfold IIRC.

Would be very nice if a similar game of that spirit comes out.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New trailer up showing some in game footage.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

No space battles (and no real single player game) unfortunately!!! 

but much more on PC because of the numerous mods available. It was a good mix of space and ground battles, and a long story to unfold IIRC.

What kind of Mods? And can you play Battlefront I maps, in Battlefront II?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It a shame about the SP and space battles but as I recall the SP was just endless shooting of bots in the previous games so I would not expect any epic story lines in the new one and it looks like you can only fly in the planets atmosphere. Would not be surprised if they were planning another game to cover the space battles giving that the new film will be out at Christmas.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

It a shame about the SP and space battles but as I recall the SP was just endless shooting of bots in the previous games so I would not expect any epic story lines in the new one and it looks like you can only fly in the planets atmosphere.

The PSP versions of Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron  had a story line, although it was this endless shooting, you mentioned. But it was very playable as a SP Game (and it must be amazing as a co-op). 

Would not be surprised if they were planning another game to cover the space battles giving that the new film will be out at Christmas.

I heard a disturbing rumor, that the new film, will not have a big  focus in space battles. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Trailer looks great and I will be interested to see how it plays and what is available for players. Knowing EA they are going to DLC the crap out of the thing and it won't be worth haing unless you spend $100+ on it. But if they had a legit 40+ hrs SP game in their I would buy it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Devs Dairy for the game.

it's the usual rubbish you get from commercial developers blah, blah blah most authentic game ever made ( they say this for every StarWars game ) blah,blah,blah, buy, buy, buy.

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to this... Hopefully we can all be proven wrong, but seeing as how it's published by EA and developed by DICE, I doubt it's going to be the Star Wars game we all want and need.

Lets look at the facts:

No space Battles; lets hope that this means thats we will have the huge space to land battles that was being developed on earlier versions of Battlefront 3. If this is so, it'll probably be a DLC. Now honestly if they go the space to land battle route, I'll be really happy. I was hoenstly so disapponted by the BF2 space Battles. They were so half assed, they were a joke.

No Clone Wars; already getting rid of half of the content, will probably be DLC.

No single player campaign; honestly I'm ok with this. The "campaign" in Battlefront 1 was basically just Galactic Conquest with some movie scenes thrown in. In BF2 it was basically the same thing, but with trooper diaries.

No Galactic Conquest and/or Instant Action. This is a huge mistake. I won't be surprised if this is DLC as well.

3-4 planets with 2-4 maps each. Wooo... more maps as DLC what a surprise.

2 Heroes.

So far this is a rumor, but I heard you can't pilot the AT-AT as a whole, just use the head for a turret. I hope this turns out to be false, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

EA:

They rush all of their devs

All they care about is making money to please their shareholders; which ironically they probably could do even better if they didn't rush their devs.

$60 for the vanilla game. $70-80 for "premium" and around $120 for the game with all dlc

Day one DLC

DICE:

For all of their games in the last few years, they blame EA for rushing them and thats why all of their games are absolute garbage for 6 months to  a year after launch. They know that EA will rush them, so do they hire extra staff to do more work in the short time? NOPE! I'm sick and tired of this excuse and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

No mod support. "the Frostbite engine is too complex for mod authors." Any mods that are made will end up getting you banned (see Battlefield 3 blue filter/lighting mod/fix)

It's a sad day to see that a lot of people, including myself are actually afraid to see a new Star Wars game. the Triple A dev's and publishers sure have made us cynical bastards.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The new E3 trailer. This is a multiplayer trailer and I have to admit it looks amazing. There seems to be a SP element to the game in which you can play with bots that I have read about (not confirmed on website) and that there isn't any SP campaign stuff at all. In multiplayer I wonder who gets to be these special characters like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker? Maybe its like a reward for performing well during the battle because there can only be one on the screen at a time 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Have read that their has been a bit of a back lash from players criticizing the fact that their is little content in the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like they will be adding bots to a single player offline mode. http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/whats-next-for-star-wars-battlefront-this-summer

To get right to the point, we’ve been listening to your feedback and your desire for more offline modes. Today we’re excited to officially announce a new mode, Skirmish, for all Star Wars Battlefront players.

The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only) Skirmish can be played on a difficulty level of your choosing and across two modes, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron. With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront.

ReplyQuote