Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

StarWars Squadrons  

RSS

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
June 13, 2020 05:49  

Don't get too excited as it by EA and theirs supposed to be a big reveal on Monday, but my guess would be some sort of online nonsense like the Battlefront games.

Wonder if this was the game EA was working on when Double Damage pitched their StarWars game.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
June 14, 2020 14:52  

Yeah I heard we were going to get a new game.... this could be a great game IF they stick to the old game models in the X-Wing games.... Or even just like some of these well done mods that are out there. They could really make a great story based game here if they wanted, I wouldn't buy this if it was online only.

Supposedly the video is going to be displayed here:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
June 15, 2020 12:41  

Nice CGI but no gameplay footage but looking on the game sites they say it will be 5v5 multiplayer and cross platform support also a single player campaign but no word on how long it will be as well as VR support.

Think we will get some gameplay footage later in the week.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
June 15, 2020 15:27  

You can definitely tell from the trailer that its weighted more on the MP side of things. But they could also build on the SP side of things where you build on your squadron, leveling them etc... making you care about your squad like in Wing Commander 🙂 

They could have something here IF they make a SP/MP that has good gameplay, but we won't know until the gameplay trailers hit... it is releasing this year though

Supposedly there will be a gameplay reveal on Thursday

This post was modified 3 months ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
June 16, 2020 07:35  

2nd of October according to the Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222730/STAR_WARS_Squadrons/?snr=1_4_4__118

looks like you have to have a origin account as well, it's on the cheap side for a full price game, makes me think that single player campaign might not be very long. Think I will give it a miss until some time next year although I would get it if it's going to support PSVR. As the free VR DLC that was given away with the BattleFront game was pretty good.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
June 18, 2020 23:29  

Gameplay trailer... Note bad, I will be interested if all these customizations and skills can all be attained by playing or if there is some sort of loot box setup? But they have of course player vs player and single player elements and playing with bots. So the game has got some promise, and personally they are setting the mood, it feels like it will be a nice Star Wars experience. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
June 19, 2020 06:27  

Better than expected, looks like EA are learning how to make games.

Will be interested in seeing how they do the power management with a joypad and it looks like the VR will be on the PS4 version as well. so I will be buying it some time next year.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
August 16, 2020 13:17  

Nice video that is describing the gameplay, I really like the fact that the cockpit controls actually are useful 👍 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
September 14, 2020 15:12  

Nice CGI video, I think all Star Wars movies should start to go this route.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered
September 15, 2020 13:21  

Way better, than the last trilogy!! A "Privateer" game in the time of "The Mandalorian" maybe??????

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Petty Officer Registered
September 15, 2020 17:24  

Despite of how I think the games themselves will turn out, that was a great cinematic.

ReplyQuote
Share: