Notifications
Clear all

Space force rogue universe any good?

shea
 shea
(@shea)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

[background=rgb(38, 38, 39)]Hi i was thinking of buying space force rogue universe but i was just looking to see what you guys thought,i have played all of the X series and was looking for a different game to play until X rebirth is released.Any input on space force rogue universe or other space game would be fantastic thanks all[/background]

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I played that right through when it was first released, about four or five years ago (I think) - not too bad, as I recall, good gfx etc, but not really my thing. It did have an ugly pig of a player-ship on offer at one stage, as I recall, which I rather liked - it was 'efficient'. I see it's only about £5 on Amazon, so it's probably worth it... but it hasn't exactly burnt itself into my memory. There are probably patches and suchlike available for it - I played it straight-out-of-the-box.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Depends on what you looking for it's not an economic simulation like the Xgames although it dose have that annoying crawl around the star system to see what is there.

It is a lot better than Darkstar 1 but not as good as Freelancer.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

'PINBACK' wrote:
It is a lot better than Darkstar 1

Heh... the bloody plot-line and cut-scenes in Dark Star 1 infuriated me. Enough said!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I enjoyed this game, lots to do and see also it has a very active mod community. Have a look here http://www.spaceforce-game.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1378&SID=af12ecec1fazz73e873b84e4z377417a

ReplyQuote
DARI
 DARI
(@dari)
Senior Chief Registered

since the last time i modded this game - almost everything i changed did not work - ie the different damage based on weapon type - but well at least i could mod in a warning about not-working-as-advertised-low-quality-weapons...

the one thing that made me rageuninstall it was the traitorious behaviour of hired wingmen - and other sudden hostility of allied ships and whole systems without any reason.

Dont know if they solved that problem - else the graphic is nice - combat is something to get used to but not bad

i would rather stick with freelancer and get some no-storyline-mod

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

That reminds of of another niggle I had with this game the hull depletion it was horrendous.

ReplyQuote