Notifications
Clear all

Battlestar Galactica: DeadLock

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

They certainly didn't give us much to go off of for a game that is to be released this summer...?

natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I think we all dream about a BG space sim...but they released only a video with no gameplay...i really don't think we'll see this game for at least one year.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

And I definitely hope its not like the current BSG game that is out there. I would be happen with a Diaspora style game with a budget behind it to really give it a top notch story and visuals it would be great.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Gameplay Reveal video:

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I was hoping for less strategy and more action 🙁

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Noooo! A strategy game based on BSG...this is stupid! The first game to do is a dogfight spacesim based on BSG and then other king of games.
Big delusion!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

New DLC for the Battlestar Galactic Deadlock game

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like BSG: Deadlock has a new piece of DLC, 'Sin and Sacrifice'

Here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1001150/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock_Sin_and_Sacrifice/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

A new DLC pack is coming out this August for BSG: Deadlock called Resurrection. Check it out on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083890/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock_Resurrection/

If this game wasn't a strategy game and a FPS action game instead I would buy this in a heartbeat.

ReplyQuote
tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered

in response to strategy vs. maybe dogfighting,,,,

well the problem is, space battles like battlestar galactica,,, I mean how much of the time that a fighter actually pilots the craft will be "action"??

the fighter squadron actually shouldn't engage the enemy fighters in one on one dogfighting at all,, that's a last ditch effort that causes fighters to be lost. THe fighters SHOULD be achieving a desirable firing angle and making a nice firing line that's hard to hit back at and keeps the enemy from doing the same, while the big guns on galactica do the damage. They should make a nice formation and never leave it, and all together start to generate a cloud of bullets on a vector.

sure, it would be neat to have a game where there's just endless cylon fighters in a line, and one by one you engage them with infinite ammunition of your choice and take them out,,,, but half of what makes battlestar galactica what it is , is the commanders controlling the positions on the battlefield.

so basically, a strategy game makes a lot of sense to me.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Very good point tsmspace, you are right when comes to watching the shows BSG is a formation/defensive style of combat when it comes to the fighters. Since the Galactica is usually out gunned in most of their battles this makes sense that they cant go on the offense.

It would be nice to play this in a game because most games today has you as a one person army so it would be a different concept. I guess we haven't seen this yet because the AI would need to be quite good for it to work.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Not sure when it is coming out yet? But there is some new DLC coming for Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, its called Ghost Fleet Offensive. Reading over the notes it looks to be a solid DLC addon: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1143820/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock_Ghost_Fleet_Offensive/

ReplyQuote