Notifications
Clear all

Defect

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

This games being around for a while and has had a successful Kickstarter earlier in the year and has now made it's way onto Steam early access

Website http://sdkgame.com/shipyard

Defect allows you to build the ultimate ship piece by piece, from a single-pilot fighter to a space station the size of a small moon. Create devastating spacecraft capable of obliterating your foes, but keep in mind that your crew will defect, forcing you to face your own creation in battle.

Offering unprecedented freedom of creation, players will build the most powerful ships in the galaxy with an easy to use building system. The game will feature hundreds of parts across three stylistic themes referencing a wide range of sci-fi culture.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice to see indie games make it on to steam. Seems decent but there is no mention of story/plot?

ReplyQuote
Vilehead
(@dronelocker)
Senior Chief Registered

The ship spore-like customisation is truelly amazing but I am worried about the interactions once the player has his ship build. I mean, all I've seen was some story-dialogs and shoting and... back to ship builder for half of the trailer.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I don't think their is any story it more about building a ship, then having the crew mutiny, then building anther ship to take on the first ship and so on.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

new trailer out for the game with a release date so I guess it must be coming out of early access on the 28?. Spot the famous star ships in the vid including a couple of ones from British SF series. 😎

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Blake's 7 & Space 1999!!! 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Blake's 7 & Space 1999!!! 

Yup and theirs a Buck Rogers starfighter and StarTrek Defiant  and a couple of other that look familiar but I can't place em.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Coming out of early access on the 28 of this month http://steamcommunity.com/games/352370/announcements/detail/851561540926066914

ReplyQuote