Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Descent: Underground  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
April 10, 2015 07:44  

8 hours to go and 40 odd grand still to get.

I see they have a PalPal option on their site http://descendentstudios.com/ but it does not count toward the Kickstarter goal.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
April 10, 2015 15:19  

They did it!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
April 10, 2015 22:11  

Just by the skin of their teeth.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
April 11, 2015 07:01  

Its not over yet. They have opened a store on their site for those who missed the kickstarter. I think they hope to raise a total of over $3,000,000 to build the full game with a bigger singleplayer storyline.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
April 11, 2015 22:37  

I might take at punt at the $25 pledge.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
August 3, 2015 03:40  

More news on Descent Underground. They have a multiplayer test bed now up and running and recently did a live stream showing intense close quarters battles. Here have a peek.

There is also some new entries in the gallery are of the DU forums. You can see em here.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
October 5, 2015 11:02  

Not being keeping up with what's going on in this at all, but according to video they have launched some thing called the proving grounds.

ReplyQuote
theAntiBob
(@theantibob)
Petty Officer Registered
October 6, 2015 14:01  

Descent: Underground the 4th installment in the Descent series which began with the first fully textured 3D (software) rendered PC game back in 1994, while id's Quake was still just an unconfirmed rumor.

The original is the only game I have ever actually played competitively in a tournament!

Looks like it's getting close...

I can't believe I just found out about this today!

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered
October 15, 2015 14:40  

Interestingly, although I did play the original Descent back in the day (1994 or whatever), it never capture my interest. Although I though it to be a great technical achievement (far from the Frontier level though) I still much prefer the openness of space :p

But i hope it becomes a good game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
October 22, 2015 11:01  

Another game hit's Steams early access.

Seems that they had plans for microtransaction which have now been dropped, can't believe they even consider it in the first place.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
October 31, 2015 07:33  

Trailer for the single player game.

That music playing in the background reminds of some film/tv music but I just can't place it.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
October 31, 2015 15:21  

Have the reapers from Mass Effect invaded?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
November 1, 2015 00:14  

Have the reapers from Mass Effect invaded?

Not sure it's from a game, That's music going to bug me for the next week or so. :wild:

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
November 1, 2015 07:31  

Not sure it's from a game, That's music going to bug me for the next week or so. :wild:

Maybe this will open you mind? :girlcrazy:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
November 1, 2015 10:27  

Maybe this will open you mind? :girlcrazy:

Genius Geraldine, that's it, Total Recall. :declare: I knew I had heard it some where before.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
December 4, 2015 17:25  

This is looking pretty good, kinda forgot about this until I did some thread trolling. Going to rename the thread to Descent: Underground so it is easier to find in the forums.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
December 31, 2015 04:19  

I read that the old Descent games have been removed from GOG/Steam something to do with who has the copyright and the non payment of royalties by Interplay, wonder if it will have any knock on effect for Decent Underground.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
January 5, 2016 16:31  

Looks like you can get Descent Underground dirt cheap in this bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

They took the old descent games off steam (and everywhere else I believe) because Parallax Software hasn't been paid any royalties for almost 10yrs... that is messed up.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
October 5, 2018 06:28  

For some reason I thought this was already released and just forgotten about.... but it hasn't been released yet and they are not releasing Descent Underground this year because the want to do more balancing and quality improvements to it.

So its been three years I hope it has been worth the wait? Because I this game has been relatively silent or least under the radar because I thought it was already done 🙂 haha

There is going to be SP/MP content in this game so that is a plus... Just not sure how much hype this game will build... I thought the trailer was meh :

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
October 6, 2018 10:27  

Looking forward to this D1 as I backed it on Kickstarter. I wonder if they kept the Total Recall music?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
September 16, 2020 12:40  

Yeah they are still working on the game 😉

Looks like the game has a little legal trouble: (probably trademark related

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/descendentstudios/descent-underground/posts/2954532?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
September 18, 2020 01:55  

It's actually a dispute between the game devs and the publisher, Little Orbit, that has caused delays. I am hoping they get that sorted out soon as it's been far too long.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
September 19, 2020 13:18  
Posted by: @geraldine

it's been far too long.

Agreed, because I totally forgot about this game until I saw this in the news and I thought the game died didn't even know it was still being worked on 😉 in the end its always about the money

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
September 19, 2020 14:10  

@sscadmin

If you want to stay upto date about the game, they have a channel over on Discord. Here is a temporary invite link:

https://discord.gg/BqC5ef

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: