Notifications
Clear all

End Space

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

VR only game https://store.steampowered.com/app/753900/End_Space/ although their is the possibility of a non VR version of the game. https://steamcommunity.com/app/753900/discussions/0/1729828401666914746/ Might just be another space shooter without it's VR. Nice explosion.

From Steam.

Take command of the most advanced starfighter the United Trade Consortium has ever developed in stunning virtual reality as you battle for the Tartarus sector. Protect the UTC’s secret jump-drive technology from the Tartarus Liberation Front insurgents as you fight to maintain the corporation’s dominance and earn yourself fame and fortune in the process.

Track targets with your gaze and blast them with your Pulse Lasers or lock on and pound them into space dust with your Meteor Missiles. Unlock new weapons and upgrades as you progress through the ranks by taking on increasingly daring missions.

Find out what secrets are ready to be revealed here at the end of inhabited space. Welcome to the Tartarus sector, contractor. Or as the locals like to call it, End Space.
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
Storage: 3 GB available space

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Seems like it is only really playable with VR? Guess maybe next year I will invest in VR because some of these games are looking better and better and reading the comments people are saying the VR experience for this one is really good.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Picked this up on the PlayStation store and I have not got very far into the game as my VR leg are not strong enough yet but from what I have seen sofar, not the best of games. Just  standard Wing Commander clone in VR.

Start off bad with the tutorials which don't bother to tell you which button/trigger to press, granted that their not that many but it shows a lack of polish. next up the UI which cant be seen in any bright light source , it's ok when you have black space in front of you and why they did not put in the cockpit is a mystery instead of having it on the canopy.

Missile don't lock as you have to keep the target in sight at all times, not sure about this as I need to try it again to see if that is right.

I have only got as far as the first mission so I will have to try it bit more to see how it plays. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This has been on my steam wishlist for a now, I thought about getting in on the sale last month but I bought some other games. Does it play better without the VR? It says it plays in both modes, only bad thing is they haven't updated the game since Aug so I doubt we will see any more patches unless there is something critical. Reading some of the steam comments there is a few complaining about the controls.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

VR only on the PS4, must have a look at the Steam forums and did have a look at the patch notes for the PS4 and it said the targeting would lock , although from my impression it did not innless you kept the reticle on the ship.

ReplyQuote