Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Everspace 2  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
June 15, 2020 13:04  

Think it still the same with a joypad in Everspace 1 you have to keep the thumb stick pushed forward to go forward, I have only played it with the keyboard but the "WASD" controls work well in this game as it not really an open world type of game. it's more linear as you always have to go forward to get to the next jump gate.

I get the feeling from the dev interview video for Everspace 2 that the solar system will be on the small side but will be greater density of objects for the player to interact with, so as in order compensate for the "WASD" control scheme to work. As it does not work in more bigger open world games like SP3 and Spacebourn.

This post was modified 6 months ago 2 times by Pinback

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered
June 16, 2020 05:59  

Nothing wrong with a "Space 3D FPS" and I'm certainly too narrow-minded but I'm finding the ships' design at odds with the concept. Shouldn't they drop the usual "aerodynamic / flying forward" look for something that says more "I can move in any direction"? More spherical maybe? 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
June 16, 2020 07:46  

Now you mention it, it's a shame they did not have too types of ship, one for flying into an atmosphere and one just for space but then again it may just mess up the dynamics of the game.

Wonder if you get any performance boost from the ship parts which can be added for space or atmosphere flying.  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
June 16, 2020 16:35  

Check Steam summer game festival and you will find the prototype demo of the game which I believe is from the Kickstarter.  

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
June 17, 2020 10:15  
Posted by: @pinback

it may just mess up the dynamics of the game.

You're right I had forgotten about the part in atmospheres. That said I was again searching for physics where it does not matter I guess 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
June 18, 2020 07:53  

Had a couple of hours playing around with the demo of the game and I have to admit that the WASD keyboard layout work really well in ES2 unlike SPG3 or Spacebourn where it just a complete fail. My only guess as why this might be is the smaller game arear unlike the other games which tend to have greater distance between objects in the game.

Found the upgrade screen to be very easy to use and understand, which makes a change. so far my only negative comments would be the white loading screen which appears far too often, although given that this is an early prototype of the game this hopefully will be improved upon in the upcoming Alpha.

My other one is a general gripe about radars in newer game and the fact we don't get them anymore, all we get is a bunch of coloured boxes off to the side of the screen.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
November 15, 2020 04:35  

Just looking at the Steam page and see the release date has been pushed back till the end of Jan 21 not that it very surprising and would not be too surprised if it slip again.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
November 15, 2020 06:28  

I think I read somewhere it was also to dodge the release of Cyberpunk?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
November 28, 2020 07:53  

Another 2 hour stream, no idea what it about as I'm not watching someone play a game for two hours but they seems to e doing a lot of them.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: