Notifications
Clear all

Heathen Engineering's Terran

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Strange one this it popped up on Steams early access on Monday and it all a bit vague as what they doing or even what they final game will be like. http://store.steampowered.com/app/427970 So far the most concrete thing to know about it is the price £29.99, about $42.00 and about €37.00, reason for the high price can be found here http://steamcommunity.com/app/427970/discussions/0/392184342865606232/ Even the main site is bit vague about what they are doing http://www.heathenengineering.com/#!terran/ck9y although it appears this is the first phase, basically a ship building game and personally I take the devs advice and sit on the fence, which by the look of the Steam forum everyone is doing.

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

For some reason the premise reminds me of that Kinetic Void that was released completely unfinished and the dev ran away afterwards.

Hope this one's outcome is totally different.

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

For some reason the premise reminds me of that Kinetic Void that was released completely unfinished and the dev ran away afterwards.

Hope this one's outcome is totally different.

Had same thoughts myself.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Kinetic Void basically ran out of money and people left the team, but as I said before Early access or Kickstarter is a gamble and an unknown developer wanting such a high price  needs have better presentation, also some what odd is that they have forum on the main site which you cannot view without signing upto.

See some one has posted a negative review of the game and it will be interesting to see if any of the main game site take a look at it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New video out from the devs apparently they have updated it although it's hard to tell.

Also found a video of a YouTuber playing the game but his conclusion is wait, sound advice.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

The reviewer was being nice. My thoughts are yeah its early access and the price should be lowered because gamers are getting a non-complete build of the game. They can always raise the price on release like a lot of developers do. But the short gameplay videos that I saw this is not worth $40 at all.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

So it's turned out to be some sort of RTS, I think.

Any how it's out of early acces on the 21 of March. https://steamcommunity.com/games/427970/announcements/detail/1807538340418782044

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I would need to see more reviews or feedback on this one before getting this, yeah the more recent trailer videos look good. But the recent feedback on steam is negative for the most part. But by next week we should start seeing some reviews of the released game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like they might have given up with this, according to the last update from May 14 of this year.

Terran’s development plan has been derailed as you may be aware. The team have been progressing with planned updates that have at this point come to a complete stop. We will not waste your time with excuses and reasoning why that is the case, only to say that we have taken this opportunity to step back, assess and plan a way forward. With that said Heathen Engineering have not shut down and will not abandon the game nor the players that have supported it.

We are not yet in a position to announce our future plans for Terran but want to let you know that we are here, and we are working away. We will not be communicating on the state of Terran again until we have some news for you, and we will be available on the forums - happy to answer any other questions we can. In the meantime, please be safe, wash your hands and we hope to see you again soon.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I forgot all about this one, least they came out and said something to the community. I hope they get the ability to finish the game, they been working on it for like 4+ years now would be a shame to see all that time go to waste.

ReplyQuote