Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Introducing myself and my J.A.S.S game Absolute Territory releasing on 1st September 2020.  

RSS

centuarianmudpig
(@onegoodman)
Crewman Registered
August 14, 2020 03:48  

Hello! It's always good to see a long-running friendly space sim community still transmitting in these uncertain frontiers.

202008 Blinding
202008 Explosion
202006 Assault on Destroyers 1600x900

A bit about me

My name is Dan and I am the sole developer for Absolute Territory: The Space Combat Simulator. Development began when there was very little interest in making space combat simulation games. Rather than wait for someone else to make one I'd enjoy, I decided to make my own.

I have a love of Sci-fi. Watching the original 70's Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Buck Rogers, Star Trek, Babylon 5 in my youth enflamed a passion within.

I spent many hours playing Wing Commander on my Amiga 500. As time went on, I found that I enjoyed playing this genre, somewhere in between arcade and realistic simulation, which the Wing Commander series hovered around (with the one exception).

A bit about my game

Absolute Territory is the single-player sci-fi space combat action game set in a futuristic setting with 11 flyable space superiority fighters and ginormous warships to destroy. Reclaim Bold Peace from the invading Endophora and restore your empires Absolute Territory. Experience a 21 mission story-driven campaign directed by briefings. Improve your skills in the waves game mode, then push yourself to the limit in the gauntlet challenge. Need more? Create new missions using the powerful in-game level editor and share them on Steam Workshop.

Features:

• Pull of maneuvers like never before with Newtonian flight physics

• Master 11 types of space superiority fighter

• Create your own adventures with the in-game level editor

• Share and play community-created missions with Steam Workshop

• 90s space sim nostalgia rekindled

I need your help!

To be favored by Steam and get some precious time on the Popular Upcoming section Steam needs to believe Absolute Territory is worth its attention. For that to happen, I need wishlists. Specifically, I need your wishlist to make this game a success.

Head on over to the Absolute Territory: The Space Combat Simulator store page and hit that wishlist button.

Absolute Territory will be released on Steam for PC on the 1st, September 2020.

Feel free to AMA about Absolute Territory.

TL;DR: Wishlist Absolute Territory: The Space Combat Simulator so that the algorithm will try to sell it to more people who like the genre.

Topic Tags
Blah64
(@blah64)
Petty Officer Registered
August 14, 2020 09:43  

With a name like that, gotta ask:  Any particular reason you named it 'Absolute Territory'?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
August 14, 2020 10:36  

Welcome to SSC @onegoodman, Absolute Territory looks interesting (added to my wishlist)

Can you pick loadout on the different ships or is loadout locked to a ship type?

Is there any defensive countermeasures in the game?

How expansive is your editor, can people construct new campaigns with new ships and loadouts?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
August 14, 2020 12:39  

Aye welcome to the forum Onegoodmanand and wishlisted.

Do you have a match target speed control in the game, always like having that in Wing Commander but no one seems to use it now.

ReplyQuote
centuarianmudpig
(@onegoodman)
Crewman Registered
August 15, 2020 01:03  
Posted by: @blah64

With a name like that, gotta ask:  Any particular reason you named it 'Absolute Territory'?

I chose it for the original meaning of at field from evangelion before the weebs made it into something more exotic.

ReplyQuote
centuarianmudpig
(@onegoodman)
Crewman Registered
August 15, 2020 01:14  
Posted by: @sscadmin

Welcome to SSC @onegoodman, Absolute Territory looks interesting (added to my wishlist)

Can you pick loadout on the different ships or is loadout locked to a ship type?

Is there any defensive countermeasures in the game?

How expansive is your editor, can people construct new campaigns with new ships and loadouts?

Loadouts are pre-choosen based on the mission. You will end up flying the same ship with different loadouts which I decided on. Loadouts can be chosen when making your own missions with the level editor. 

There are missile decoys which all fighters have equipped which when dropped have a chance of destroying missiles. There is also power management so you can divert power to Shields.

The level editor is for creating single missions rather than an entire campaign. You can modify the loadouts (guns and missiles) of the 11 available fighters. Missions can be made using navpoints (Wing Commander) or single instance (Freespace).

ReplyQuote
centuarianmudpig
(@onegoodman)
Crewman Registered
August 15, 2020 01:17  
Posted by: @pinback

Aye welcome to the forum Onegoodmanand and wishlisted.

Do you have a match target speed control in the game, always like having that in Wing Commander but no one seems to use it now.

Yes! Match speed exists. You can also adjust the distance to matching a targets speed.

Also a button to toggle or hold for slide.

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Master Chief Reporter
August 29, 2020 05:22  

Station mates, he's just released a new demo, available here https://www.indiedb.com/games/ggm-project1/downloads/absolute-territory-alpha-4

I downloaded it yesterday and hope to give it a spin.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
August 30, 2020 06:47  

Demo on Steam as well, not sure why but the indiedb one is 60 megs while the Steam one is 230 megs innless it all the Steam crap added to it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
September 2, 2020 14:23  

Game out now and I had a quick play around with the demo of the game, I would say that old space dogs will not find anything they have not seen before but if you not played a Wing Commander clone or just enjoy these types of game you will have some fun with it. but remember it an indie early access game so don't expect all the bells and whistles.

One thing I did not like was the blue laser, found them rather hard to see, or maybe I need glasses. 😀  

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Master Chief Reporter
September 3, 2020 03:13  

Demo on Steam as well, not sure why but the indiedb one is 60 megs while the Steam one is 230 megs innless it all the Steam crap added to it.

Highly likely as that is common on a few other demos as well.

ReplyQuote
centuarianmudpig
(@onegoodman)
Crewman Registered
September 4, 2020 14:26  

The indie dB demo is very old and was before a change in graphical art style. The size increase on steam is from the change of low poly style to the more realistic you see now, along with additional assets like music and other elements like UI and other god.

ReplyQuote
centuarianmudpig
(@onegoodman)
Crewman Registered
September 4, 2020 14:28  

One thing I did not like was the blue laser, found them rather hard to see, or maybe I need glasses. 😀  

Nah, it’s the lack of contrast with the background. I’ll see about improving it.

ReplyQuote
Share: