Notifications
Clear all

NIGHTSTAR: Rogue Wings

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Another take on the old Wing Commander games https://store.steampowered.com/app/595360/NIGHTSTAR_Rogue_Wings/ it unclear as weather the game is still being worked on as their been no updates since an announcement in the summer that one was being worked on.

From Steam

A decade ago, the robotic forces of the Supremacy slaughtered the ones who opposed its absolute control over the Galaxy. This fateful period is known as the Division War. The few lucky survivors were enslaved or banished to the Outer Planets. Driven by their ever-growing hunger for power, the evil Supremacist fleet now travels at full speed expanding its reach to the Outer Rim. The survivors once again stand on the brink of destruction.

The bravest veterans of the Division War joined forces and created the NIGHTSTAR: a group of elite flying aces that are ready to rebel against the hunger of the machines.

The NIGHTSTAR has discovered a secret that could put an end to the conflict. Now the very fate of the galaxy lies in the hands of these fearless pilots.

About NIGHTSTAR™: Rogue Wings
NIGHTSTAR™: Rogue Wings is an ARCADE FLIGHT COMBAT GAME about rapid air battles and fast-paced missions. From third-person view or from an immersive cockpit view you will fight your way to rise up against an evil Artificial Intelligence that rules the galaxy! It takes you on a breathtaking journey with beautifully handcrafted environments, battleships, and enemy fighters. Playing as Commander Eastwood on a single player campaign mode, your skills as a pilot will be put to the test while you learn secrets the Supremacy through completing missions. Triple-A art and effects, and state-of-the-art sound design await.

Features
SPACE AND PLANETSIDE COMBAT. Experience rapid air and space battles of epic proportions.
A LIVING UNIVERSE. A Stunning dynamic universe with high resolution graphics and textures
UPGRADE AND CUSTOMIZE. Complete missions, collect resources and turn your ship into an unstoppable war machine
GO FULL THROTTLE. Thrilling, tactical combat as you lead an elite squadron of three

What's available on Early Access:

Single player campaign mode with 5 LEVELS, with more to come
Third person and cockpit views
Unique advanced flying mechanics
Triple-A textures, models and effects
State-of-the-art sound design

Planned Upcoming Features

7 highly replayable levels with unique enemies and bosses
Full PlayStation®4 and Xbox One gamepad support
Neat customization options including skins, weapons, shields, engines and more
Steam Trading Cards and Steam Achievements

natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I have it on my steam wishlist...i'm waiting for the final release to buy it!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Same here but I think it might be a long wait.

Been a number of these space combat games which have appeared in the last year and they seem to get abandoned pretty quickly after release. it maybe because they are too basic in what they are offering and people expectations are far greater now than what they used to be.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Yes i understand what you are saying...but in my opinion a basic game is not a bad game, it depends from how do you do it.
You can do a simply gameplay but well cooked and have a good result as you can do far more complicated games were many aspects are not developed correctly.
Take an old school fps like serious sam...it has a very simple gameplay (run-fire-run) but the game is great. The same can be done with space game like nightstar.
I'm also a developer (we are only two guys) and from my perspective i can say that the bigger difficult is to have a stable team. You start a project, maybe you go in alpha and the in beta but the team is no more able to work on it...so the game get stucked.
There are many factors for this, one is that very small team do it for passion (like me) so there is no money, you need to work and then develop your game in free time. It's easy to understand that someone in the team can leave.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I would agree that their is nothing wrong with basic gameplay, but given that this now getting to be a fairly crowded market, I would say they their is a need for some sort of extra feature or better thought out game mechanics.
Also Unreal game engine seems to be very popular at the moment and a lot of the small indie devs tend to use the same assets in their games, which in turn has given rise to a lot of identical looking games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Games been removed from Steam did anyone actually buy into it or was it removed before been sold and does anyone know why?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Did some small research and couldn't find anything in forums or on their website for news as to why they stopped early access? There was complaints in the forums going back 2yrs that people complaining it was dead. So maybe that is the case, devs just are not going to finish it...

ReplyQuote