Notifications
Clear all

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Page 3 / 3

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Vid showing the build for the Switch, nuts to the Switch where's the PS4 version.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Maybe they are getting paid extra to put on Switch first? To me the gfx looked a bit different?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Bar game on the switch, boy I was hopping the PS4 version would be out by now, but it looking like it's going to be some time next year, might as well just wait for the steam release of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just looked the website and they mention that they are working on the trophies, so with some luck we may see a console release soon, knowing my luck I will look at in this in 6 months and the game will still not be out. 🤣 

Also was mentioned an Xbox version of the game, maybe that has accounted for the delay.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Not a release date more of a window, maybe? anyhow it might be March for the console versions of the game. They also mention that we should see the Steam version around August but unfortunately no mention of a GOG version of the game and dlc for all version sometime late 2020.

https://rebel-galaxy.com/rebel-galaxy-outlaw-development-roadmap-january-2020/

And I have no idea why that link post a picture link 

WHAT’S DONE: EGS Launch, Free Content Updates
The PC version of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw launched on the Epic Games Store August 13th, 2019. We’ve also added additional content, including ships and a new training mode that will also be found in the console version. Development on the PC version will continue once we’ve got the console versions out the door. Steam is still on track for around August 2020 — we’ll revisit this around July to begin nailing down a firm date. The Steam version will have achievements.

WHAT’S NEXT: Console Ports Nearly Here
We’re essentially feature complete on our PS4 and Switch versions of the game, and rapid work continues on the Xbox One version. Lotcheck and rating are coming next for all three versions, and we’re going to have separate news items on each for those unfamiliar with the process behind each of those. Broadly speaking, the absolute earliest the console versions will hit is March, but if we hit any snags in ratings or a failed lotcheck, it could be later. As soon as we have a firm release date, we’ll be shouting it loud and clear on our Discord, Twitter, and Facebook so be sure you’re following at least one of those!

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Posted by: @geraldine

Wait until it lands on GOG.

I second that. Funny that I have Rebel Galaxy installed for a couple of years now and never got around to playing it... though I'm getting hyped to fire it up now.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

You would think that the Xbox port of the game would be the easiest to do since the xbox does run windows 10 🙂 but for some reason I hear this type of thing a lot about porting to Xbox.... It must be a hardware thing that is specific to the xbox.

I have Rebel Galaxy as well which I haven't played yet 😉 I been kicking around for years doing some youtube videos but never get the nerve to do it haha

I believe RG:O is still waiting on the mod tools as well, so that will probably help this game a lot when those come out and modders work their magic.

This post was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well here is a little news on Rebel Galaxy Outlaws...

- Its still coming to Steam in August

- All of the console ports have been completed

- They are working on the modkit and hope to have it out before the end of the year

- Content updates are in the works as well

See more here: https://rebel-galaxy.com/rebel-galaxy-outlaw-development-roadmap-may-2020/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looking on the steam forum for the first game and it looks like it's going to be next month before we see it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And the game finally has a Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/910830/Rebel_Galaxy_Outlaw/ and a release date of the 22nd of Sept all being well, Not seen any mention of the console versions of the game.

And the whinging about the game has already started on the Steam forums.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback

Can't see it on GOG yet either.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I am about 15-20hrs into Rebel Galaxy and I am stupid for not playing it sooner, so far I like it a lot. So looking forward to trying Outlaw later this year. With Rebel Galaxy being a good base to build from I think this will be pretty successful if the Double Damage Games keeps up the support and keeps its promises of a good set of mod tools.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I found the the first game has an insane difficulty level once you get out of the first system.

Not see anything about a GOG release of the second game but they have updated their website  https://rebel-galaxy.com/rebel-galaxy-outlaw-console-and-steam-release-dates/ and all three of the console versions will be released at the same time as the Steam version of the game. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

I found the the first game has an insane difficulty level once you get out of the first system.

Still in the first system but will be leaving that shortly, I did do a little grinding to get up some money for a few better ships and modules so I think that helps a bit. But I will find out shortly the difficulty curve when I leave the system probably tonight 🙂 I do think it plays better with the controller instead of keyboard/mouse

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And the game has dropped on Steam today and it's cheaper than I expected at least in my part of the world.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

So I was just about to start playing this but the keyboard controls are really bad, seems to be some option for changing things but not looked at them yet as I dug out my 360 pad but it seems to has a problem as well as the game keeps resetting to the keyboard controls.

It maybe because the joypad a knock off one and not an official Microsoft pad but it work fine with the first game, anyone had this problem or can suggest a good joypad?.

Edit joypad worked all the time, turns out it was a faulty USB port.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Ok played about ten hours of the game sofar and only done a couple of the story missions and it a very well put together game and the joypad is the way to play it. Very much in the tradition of Elite, Privateer and Freelancer and it's probably the closest any one come to making a sequel to Privateer/Freelancer.

I would say that the only negative so far is that their is a certain deja vu to playing the game in that it does not contain a single original idea, but on the other hand they have made one of the best examples of a space trading combat game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

I would say that the only negative so far is that their is a certain deja vu to playing the game in that it does not contain a single original idea, but on the other hand they have made one of the best examples of a space trading combat game.

I totally fine no original ideas as long as they do what we expect well 🙂 after finishing Rebel Galaxy I will be looking forward to picking this up sometime and playing it. And as i experienced in the RG the controller was definitely the best method to play in that game too.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Thank you for the flight reports @Pinback.
And +1 with a well executed "good old space sim" but my gamepad died on me a while ago so I'm afraid that's a no go here 🙁

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I found that the keyboard/mouse control a bit unresponsive and did not try the joystick at all.

The game is very playable, they have taken best ideas from older game and run with them, like the match target speed from Wing Commander, makes the combat a lot more playable and if you don't like it I think you can turn it off or just not use it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Over 20 hours into the game and their are a couple of things which are starting to really irritate me, nothing major but even if I turn off the ignore distress beacon, it still rests itself back on.

Admittedly this is more a personal gripe but having to go through 10 jumpgate to get some where is just boring, why do they never do jumpgate right in games.   

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Did they ever release the modding tools for this?, and what ever happened to that DLC that they said they were doing. in fact are Double Damage still going?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

No, I looked a while back because I was waiting to play the game until this was released.... but still no word on the website or steam (no patches since 2020... so I think they moved on)

This post was modified 2 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Shame we never got the modding tools as I think their would have been some great mods for this game.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3