They look like they are definitely adding some great planet types to do things and build on, but the videos don't excite me. Is if fun to play?
No it's more a giant Lego set where you build things then smash them up, at the moment it seems to be more of a game engine in search of a game.
Another weekly update.
😎 video now if I could just work out what's going on in the game.
Exactly my thoughts. I have this game and have built a few simple things. It is kinda fun tunnelling through asteroids and stuff I just wish they would streamline the interface a bit, for me at least, I find it unnecessary clunky.
Planets have entered Space Engineers 1.7Gb patch, details here http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-108-planets.7372785/
I would have never thought Space Engineers was going to have this much in it. I have yet to play or buy this game, can anyone give some insight to the fun factor to the game? The trailer it showed off some nice planets and things you can do but it still gave off a boring type of vibe for me, am I wrong?
Wow! Can't believe they are doing all this. If ever there was anything wonderful to come out of early access it's surely Space Engineers. It's definitely my favorite Minecraft-like by a very wide margin. I still find planning large ships to be an absolutely maddening experience, and I'm puzzled as to how people have built big capital ships without blowing their brains out. I really wish they would find a way to improve on that, though I'm not entirely sure what the solution is. Still, looking forward to pouring in many more hours with planets.
When the came out with Medieval Engineers I wondered what could possibly be wrong with anybody crazy enough to prefer that to Space Engineers, and I was afraid they would stop working on it, but fortunately it seems I was very, very wrong.
DarkOne, for $25 this game is absolutely 100% worth it. Next time you are looking for something new to play, you needn't hesitate. (Just be warned about one thing: like I said, building very large ships: NOT fun.)
I love space engineers, but I find two rather enormous faults with it. The first is that gathering resources is unbelievably dull and time-consuming, especially when you are starting out (this seems to be a common problem with anything Minecraft of Terraria influenced). The second is that planning large constructions is a nightmare. It's better with blueprints, but I still find it to be pretty painful. I don't think I understand how people build huge ships in that game. When I was trying to do it, it was so frustrating to try to do what I wanted, that it was just no fun at all.
Yes this game is STILL in early access 4yrs later..... I have the game but I haven't played it because I have been waiting for it to leave early access. But over the years the game has looked to have gotten a facelift and a lot of different features added to the game. It is definitely leaps and bounds better than Miner Wars.
And it has a release date, Feb28 according to PC Gamer https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/space-engineers-is-leaving-early-access-after-more-than-five-years/
Have to admit it's a game I have never been able to get into and have not even bothered too re download it from Steam when I updated the computer last year.
Maybe I will have a go this weekend, then again maybe not.
Beat me too this news 🙂
I have this game and so does my son, he actually likes it a lot. He loves building things so this game is right up his alley. I found it kinda boring since the planets I landed on were basically lifeless. Now I haven't played or read up on the game in a few months but I basically only played it for 2-3hrs with my kid and I haven't played much since so it didn't suck me in to keep me coming back.
I do hope Keen Software does keep supporting it and doesn't just drop it like they did Miner Wars, because this game could have some great staying power if they start building on NPC's and making the universe seem populated. I will read up more on this to see what they have included and hope to get back to the game soon.
Some sort of major update, something to do with adding an economy to the game and I guess they mean the multiplayer game. Probably tell you in the two hour vid but I can't be bothered to watch it.
Looks like they are running a public beta today which has already finished but maybe extended over the weekend. https://steamcommunity.com/games/244850/announcements/detail/1602634609659957323
Keen Software House is releasing a new update to Space Engineers that enhances the economy. KSH is also offering a cosmetic DLC now as well to go along with this update.
Space Engineers - 6th Anniversary (patch update 1.193) and release of Decorative Pack #2
Main Features & Changes
- Added Small Ladder Block
- Added New World Scenario: Lost Colony
- Added New Armor Skins:
- Battered Armor Skin
- Rusty Armor Skin
- Improved Controller Support (still work in progress)
- A newly added GPS is now automatically selected in the GPS list
- Added Control Gyros checkbox to cockpits to allow/disallow control of gyroscopes from that cockpit
- Any player can now use Store and Contract blocks which are owned by other players and set to Anyone Can Use (NPC owned blocks cannot be used this way for gameplay reasons)
- Deleting a GPS from the list now automatically selects another GPS if there is any
- It is now possible to manage Store block orders/offers by Programmable Blocks
- Made "MyStoreItemData" events "OnTransaction", "OnCancel" ModAPI only (previously were available to Programmable block)
- Moved Enable sun rotation advanced world setting above the Day duration slider
- Reputation notifications now aggregate
- Language updates
- Updated Portuguese BR-PT localization
- Updated Spanish localization
Decorative Pack II
- Small Control Seat
- Lab Equipment
- Window Walls
- Medical Station
- Transparent LCD
- Grated Catwalks
- Grated Stairs and Half Stairs
- Rotating Light
- Fixed connectors staying connected when damaged
- Fixed a crash at Sandbox.Game.AI.MyAiTargetBase.GetRandomDirectedPosition
- Fixed a crash at VRage.Audio.MyCueBank.Update
- Fixed a crash when removing old identities
- Fixed a crash in OnControlAcquired in ship welders
- Fixed a crash in physics that allowed players to jump away with an asteroid or part of a planet surface
- Fixed server incorrectly computing the center of rotation for merged grids, thus confusing client prediction
- Fixed Autopilot not activating in Campaign Mission 3
- Fixed character trash removal setting for offline players activating immediately when set to 0 (Zero now means Disabled again)
- Fixed game still accepting inputs after player tabbed to some other application during starting up SE
- Fixed stone appearing in inventories where it should not be appearing
- Fixed the strength of the gyroscope of the surveillance camera in the Campaign Mission 4 Hangar
- Fixed show current ship inventories filter not switching back to show all inventories
- Fixed ship inventory volume not updating when buying Hydrogen from NPC stations
- Fixed PCUs not being correctly transferred when traded via Player to Player trading
- Fixed character getting stuck in no gravity in Campaign Mission 1 by jumping near a Medical room
- Fixed display component texture
- Fixed LCDs for powered blocks not updating when those blocks are damaged below functional
- Fixed spotlights casting incorrect or offset shadows after switching between graphical settings
- Fixed incorrect message showing up when trying to accept an invite into a game which no longer exists
- Fixed another instance of a black octagon appearing on the screen
- Fixed Ultrawide screen resolutions allowing to see around respawn screen cover
- Fixed incorrect help screen keybinds for color picker
- Fixed the ability to see NPCs listed in ownership drop-down menu without creative (tools)
- Fixed Contract block emissivity not being visible from larger distance
- Fixed missiles teleporting through ship armor layers
- Fixed a crash when trying to deposit credits into faction using arrow keys
- Fixed "Smile and Wave" achievement not working
- Fixed spotlights flickering lights through grids
- Fixed an inventory exploit
- Fixed servers not starting with specific GPS names
- Fixed a crash when trying to access an empty waypoint. Invalid waypoint will now return MyWaypointInfo.Empty when calling IsEmpty() method
- Fixed item mass not being counted towards grids which have been split
- Fixed landing gear connection making connected grids count as one entity in entity list
- Fixed getting two achievements just by creating a faction as a new player
- Fixed shadow quality not refreshing when changing only it in the options
- Fixed connectors disconnecting all at once when trying to dock to a complex base
- Fixed ship welder not being able to show which block is targeted (what is the percentage and what components are missing)
- Fixed "Tool shake" advanced world setting tooltip being inaccurate
- Fixed block preview not showing selected armor skin in the preview
- Fixed passage levels of detail not blending correctly
- Fixed armor locker mirroring
- Fixed spectator flashlight being vertical instead of horizontal
- Fixed MyFactionDefinition "DefaultRelation" to accept Neutral as a valid relation (Friends works partially)
You do know D1 that he must now build an Imperial Star Destroyer, yes? 😀