Notifications
Clear all

Star Wars: Dark Forces Remake Demo in UE4

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Found this today while surfing around... looks like a artist/developer from Obsidan Entertainment in his spare time has been working on a demo of what Star Wars Dark Forces would look like remade in UE4... and wow it looks good.

https://drakelings.bluedrake42.com/index.php?/files/file/15-star-wars-dark-forces-remastered/

To all of the big devs out there... remake all of the star wars, star trek, freespace, freelancer, iwar games in UE4 and people will rebuy all these games all over again it is worth the time.

But this isn't a game and as it is now it will never be one, its more a tech demo of what could be... and this was one guy that did this. Remake these games 🙂

natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I wonder if they will publish this...i'll buy it for sure!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I know right. People generally love Star Wars games, especially the older LucasFilm ones. If they just remake them in current gfx engines and fix a few bugs they can resell them all over again and people will buy them. I think the effort is worth the investment.

Just seeing this demo shows what can be done....

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thats amazing! 😮

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Pretty much in the same vain is this remake of Rogue Squadron, seems to have been knocking around for a couple of years, but no sign of a download of it yet.

ReplyQuote