Notifications
Clear all

Underspace

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Space trading combat game with space storms, looks from the vid to have been inspired by Freelancer and the voice acting sounds like it's being taking from a loony tunes cartoon. More infor on the website http://underspace.pastaspaceinteractive.com/ they do mention a demo on the website but not where you can download it from.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Agreed, it does have a freelancer feel... but it says on the website that its due to release in 2019 sometime.... I think this game needs a bit more work to be successful. Especially with;
- Sound effects, definitely needs work
- These space monsters/alien lifeforms need better animations and how they interact with your ship in combat
- Music doesn't really set the mood, there is some good royalty free music out there

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Found the demo on Indiedb and they have a Kickstart https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pastaspace/underspace Small goal and looks like they want to use it for finishing work on the game as D1 noted about the game.

I agree about the music, it's not bad, it just sounds more Harry Potter than anything you normally hear in this type of game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like they have hit their goal and still have three days to go.

ReplyQuote
SpaceCaptain
(@spacecaptain)
Petty Officer Registered

It's too bright for my liking. It's a space game, after all. Sound effects could also be reworked a bit.

I'll keep this on my radar.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Had completely forgotten about this game until I ran across this youtuber playing the game and talking to the dev, it's a bit on the long side and I have only gotten about half way through it and I must download that demo of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like there is a page on Steam for this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1111930/Underspace/

Will be adding this to my wishlist to keep track of it because I actually like the whole space monsters concept

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

same here and the dev said that the miner 49 voice is a temp and will be replaced with some better although you are still going to hear it in some places.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New demo out for the game, can be found on Steam and itch Underspace by Pastaspace Interactive (itch.io)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

D1 posted about some news about the game in another thread, so I thought I would just dropped in here as well. Underspace - January 2022 Devlog & Demo 1.95 - Steam News (steampowered.com) 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like the game still going as they have put out a new trailer and the release date still says this year, their is an update on Steam but does not say much.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like this one is finally entering into early access on steam in April.

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Petty Officer Registered

This looks so good -- I'm even going to say "highly anticipated" by me

ReplyQuote