Notifications

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Dev Video #6 - Suborbital Spaceflight and Re-Entry, seamlessly! :)  

RSS

Damiano
(@damiano)
Petty Officer Registered
December 6, 2014 6:46 am  

Dear All,

Finally I am going to post a new series of videos that will focus on seamless space travels.

In this video we are going to travel from city to city flying over 100 km from the ground.

This is called Suborbital Spaceflight and allows to reach much higher speeds than a traditional planetary flight because there is less or no atmospheric drag.

We are also going to see a typical Atmospheric Re-Entry done with the help of the Reverse Thrusters.

P.S. Don'f forget to vote Nova Voyager for the Upcoming-Indie-Of-The-Year-2014 contest, just visit on the link below and click on "Vote". Heartfelt thanks!! 🙂

http://www.indiedb.com/games/nova-voyager

Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
December 6, 2014 8:14 am  

Wow! The procedural process looks GREAT!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
December 6, 2014 8:54 am  

Nice work Damiano, looking great. almost hard to believe this will be on a tablet nevermind a PC 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
December 6, 2014 9:03 am  

Fantastic video. 😎 😎

Any plans to add a free look around the cockpit?.

ReplyQuote
Damiano
(@damiano)
Petty Officer Registered
December 7, 2014 7:04 am  

Thanks You Guys! Happy to know you like the new video!! Can't wait to show you the interplanetary and interstellar travels! 🙂

Any plans to add a free look around the cockpit?.

Yes it's already possible to have a look around the cockpit but I didn't show it on the video because I don't like the internal mesh. I have still to work on it 🙂

To have an idea on how it currently looks:

ReplyQuote
Damiano
(@damiano)
Petty Officer Registered
December 8, 2014 12:49 am  

I've just added a second blog post concerning the Space Travel Video. I've said also something about the dilemma: Real Physics VS Playability.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/nova-voyager/news/physics-real-scale-and-space-travels

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
December 8, 2014 8:41 am  

Any plans to put any alien civilization in the game?.

ReplyQuote
Damiano
(@damiano)
Petty Officer Registered
December 8, 2014 9:22 am  

Any plans to put any alien civilization in the game?.

I still am working on the storyline. Btw my idea is to let the player discover it by himself, at the start of the game there is no knowledge about aliens lifeforms. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
December 9, 2014 8:49 am  

I still am working on the storyline. Btw my idea is to let the player discover it by himself, at the start of the game there is no knowledge about aliens lifeforms.  🙂

I like that :good:Do you intend to have a story campaign and a free mode or will you allow the player to dip in and out as they feel like it.

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
December 9, 2014 11:03 am  

Yes PINGBACK, this is one of the best point in some games like Evochron Mercenary, for example.

ReplyQuote
Damiano
(@damiano)
Petty Officer Registered
December 11, 2014 11:52 pm  

I like that :good:Do you intend to have a story campaign and a free mode or will you allow the player to dip in and out as they feel like it.

Still thinking on it but the idea is to include a main storyline and several procedurally generated minor stories.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
December 12, 2014 7:30 am  

Still thinking on it but the idea is to include a main storyline and several procedurally generated minor stories.

I was going to suggest that the main story be keep in the background and instead have a series of mini missions/stories that would lead into a bigger story, as an example scifi TV series will often do a normal scifi show with hints of a bigger story, then every now and again they would do a big arc story.

The GTA games use it as well but it's not something you usually find in this sort of games as you usually have to make a choice which type of game you want to play at the start.

ReplyQuote
Share: