Clear all

NovaVoyager - General Info, News, Videos & Links

Page 1 / 2

Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

logo.png

Hi, i've discovered this game a month ago and really looks great! (For MacOS, iOS, Windows & Android)

1.jpg

Cockpit View

6.jpg

External View

You can see more info in these sites:

Videos:

Developer Blog:

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Great Find Caleb will be definitely following this one

Just looked at the other video on Youtube, this take off is the one I have always wanted to be able to do in one of these games since I first saw the runways in Frontier. 😎 😎

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah, really looks great, i've talked with the Developer and he is a lovely person 🙂

Hope we can see this game someday 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yeah, really looks great, i've talked with the Developer and he is a lovely person 🙂

Hope we can see this game someday 😀

I see by his status page that he will have an Alpha out soon on the Mac although it looks the rest of us will have to wait till next summer.

Do you know if he has any future plans for getting out of the ship?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I'm inpressed that this engine is all homegrown and it has slipped under everyone's nose unnoticed for this long 🙂

I hope the porting over process of the game goes well from Mac/IOS. I will try to contact the dev soon and see if he needs a forum area to discuss his game.

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

New Vid!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

A very nice alternative to Elite Dangerous as long it not online.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

A very nice alternative to Elite Dangerous as long it not online.

I asked the dev that very question on Indie DB. Once I get a reply I will post their response. Looks great by the way.

EDIT: Update with the reply: "First releases of NV will not support multiplayer. I'll add this feature later on.

NV will be distributed on iOS/Mac app stores and hopefully steam for Win/Mac. Asap I'll have also a Greenlight page ;)"

I also provided a link back to this thread for the dev to follow, so you never know they might drop by themselves with more info.

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Added the first blog post in the first message 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

There you are Damiano!   Welcome to the SSC

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Welcome to the forums Damiano.

Even at this early stage the game looks great 😎 and as I said above that landing/Take off is some thing I always wanted to do, will some of the ships be able to take off vertically as well horizontally.

couple of other questions for.

Any plans to let the player out of the cockpit or drive around on the surface of the planet.

also will their be any manual docking at the space station as in X2.

Look forward to seeing the PC version but as I understand it, it won't be until next summer.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Hi Damiano

See someone got you over here before I contacted you... 😉

If you want a forum area on SSC to discuss your game with the community you just have to say the word. This is just a free service SSC does for all developers to help them get their word out about their great game projects they are working on and we can never have enough of them. SSC has a download area too so if you make a public alpha/beta or demo or full game you can upload it here and we will host it no problem. Your in good company here, there is a whole station full of space game enthusiasts and developers here.

So welcome and looking forward to watching Nova Voyager turn into a released game.

-D1-

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

All set, with your new forum area any new posts you create will be seen on the mainpage as well so more exposure for Nova Voyager and of course welcome to SSC... no messing with the cleaning bots on the station they have a big job cleaning up after this crew of space travellers 🙂

But back on topic.

Are you working on iOS first and then Android or are you working on them at the same time? And on the controls are you going for using a on screen thumbstick controls at the edges of the screen? I have tried games that use the whole motion sensor in the table and I feelfunny moving the tablet every which way to play a game 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Welcome aboard Damiano. The game looks very nice. (Although I do not know if I can playi it with my 1st generation iPad).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The only thing that should restrict you CaptianKal should be hardware since you can update to any iOS right? I know on android I just unlock and install whichever modded firmware I want on my tablet and its like 4yrs old and I can play the latest games. If anything I think your only issue will be memory management I have seen diving into this you can run any game usually if you shutdown certain automatic features and close unused apps. I am sure Damiano will test on some older hardware in that simulator you can use for tablets.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yes, I am receiving a lot of requests from windows users. Maybe I'll give the priority to this.

Many are also asking why I started on Mac/iOS. The answer is that with Mac everything is easy and fast and you can deeply focus on your work, moreover I have also the opportunity to enter in the iOS market.

Like to see it but only do it if it does not interfere with you planed development of the game.

Any thoughts on mining?.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

The only thing that should restrict you CaptianKal should be hardware since you can update to any iOS right? I know on android I just unlock and install whichever modded firmware I want on my tablet and its like 4yrs old and I can play the latest games.

Since the minimum requirement calls for an iPad 4, I think that I could not play the game even if I updated to the latest IOS. (Besides iOs gaming has become a free to play/pay to win nonsense). So I will wait for the Windows version. (Or Android. I can play some Android games on my PC using Bluestacks)

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

New vid!! http://www.indiedb.com/games/nova-voyager/videos/dev-video-3-vertical-take-off-and-landing

EDIT: First message edited 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Awesome that 😎 and I was not expecting to see the little bounce on the landing gear at the end of the video. 😎 😎

This beg the question will we see different types of star port on different types of planets ie planets with hostile environments or airless worlds/moons were a vertical landing needs to be done as in the moon base from 2001.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Nice video!! Like a real Harrier (or a F-35B)   . But I thought Nothern Italy had more trees!!!!  😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I am now focusing on the quality of the runway models, I am now working with a friend that is going to help me in this phase. It's difficult also because I have to insert many different models otherwise you are going to see often runways and stations duplicates in different planets.

Will you be adding parking areas to the runways that craft will move to after landing.

How big will the cities be as in a lot of these games the cities often look small, IIRC the only one I have seen which looked right was in a video for infinity from a few years ago.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Fixed your vid Damiano so it displays in thread (note: drop everything after the video code in the url)

Now on to the landings, these are nice and I like how you calculate damage. Now will the gear be able to handle a ship coming in fast or will it possibly fail on touching a surface depending on atmospheric temps?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Great vid 😎 😎

Yes, Airports and Starports will have parking spots.

Have you thought about doing different types of starports for different technology levels, as an example a colony world which has been newly settled would have a rough landing strip with banked earthen blast walls around the parking bays and a long settled world with a high technology level would have high tec futurist airport setting.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's an idea from the role playing game Traveller with the blast walls around a parking bays, few picture here from the internet as an example of them.

parkbays_zpsabc80457.jpg

class-d_zpsd0e7f843.jpg

40-scoutdownportberth1_zps890fa97c.jpg

The top and bottom one show a vertical pad with the middle one having a runway. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yes, very nice. Do you think it is better that some sort of moving floor moves the spaceship to the parking area or the player have to move manually the ship by himself?

I say it would depend on the technology level of the planet, if its a colony or low tec world then the player would have to taxi themselves to the parking bays. High tec industrial rich planets or moon bases would be more automated, the player may still have to taxi the ship to specific area then some sort of robot platform could take the ship to the bay where it would be connected to the ports facilities.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2