Clear all

Member totals and Site News

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

Just a small note.

This week SSC finally reached 10,000 registered members. I personally would have thought that SSC would have reached that a long time ago but since SSC is setup in a way where all information is readily available for all to see the majority of people just lurk and read instead of registering. Don't know why people don't register and be more active in the community because we are here for you anyways.... but SSC managed to average about 168 new members a month, not bad.

A good thing to see is a lot more developers on the site pitching and promoting their games which is always a good thing for the community so make sure you take the time to read and leave feedback when you can to get the devs motivation We saw a lot of failed kickstarters this year so the devs need our support.

Been a great year for SSC in that it was actually crazy how much info was coming out (almost too much to process some weeks) on games in general. Yeah I haven't been as active as I would like because of real world activities ... ugh job... wish I could do this fulltime. So many thanks for the updates Pinback on game news.

I was thinking yesterday on how to expose SSC to more people and grow the base and I have been thinking about dipping my toes into creating YouTube videos on basic news commentary, kickstarter updates for space/scifi games, tv show or movie reviews, the occasional review or interview when I get time. I still have to look into this and possible buy some stuff like a good mic and possibly a camera. And do a test run to see how my voice sounds, haha 🙂

So it would be great to hear your thoughts on this and maybe even help if we have any no shy people that would like to make videos with me. I still have to check out all that stuff and wonder if I can pull people in and things like that. So we'll see, its just nice to gather feedback any way to see what people would like to see.

Oh and yes I am still working on the game listing I haven't forgot and its approaching 1600 entries so its larger and all hand typed so I might upload it in the state that it is in and edit it more as I go. So that is it for now, and thanks for keeping the station clean and not abusing the droids.

-D1-