Clear all

[Sticky] SpaceSimCentral Maintenance Area

Page 4 / 11

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
Braindead wrote:
Hey D1, I was wondering, does RSS still work? because the RSS you had previously is broken ATM.

I just enabled the ATOM feed, if you need RSS feeds I will need to install a mod because the old mod is now not installed that provided the links you listed.

Try this: feed.php (should show last 25 posts)

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

works perfectly, this even shows in which area of the forum the post has been made. tyvm 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Knock another issue off the TO DO list 🙂

See any more issues just post them Braindead and i'll take care of them. And I did notice that this version of Atom feed does provide more user/post data, guess it pays to upgrade all the software even though it is a headache for me right now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

hmm I just noticed something, you're from the future D1, it says next to your posts that you joined 30-05-2011 😯

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I can fix that and it says 3/30/2011 when it should be 12/2008, I will need to go into the database to fix that.

ReplyQuote
MrPeanut
(@mrpeanut)
Petty Officer Registered

Anyone else having problems with the flash games? I have flash installed but when I go to the game pages all I get is the install flash link.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Found the problem, it should be working now.

ReplyQuote
Mauxion
(@mauxion)
Crewman Registered

Search function does not work no matter what I type i get this message "No suitable matches were found". Even when i copy & paste words from post i'm staring at.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Try it now Mauxion. It seems like it is working now I switched it to mysql search and indexed all the posts.

ReplyQuote
Mauxion
(@mauxion)
Crewman Registered

I confirm that search now works. 😀

Thx for quick reaction.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Added some new forum areas to the site for SPAZ and StarDrive so enjoy and the developers of each do have have accounts here so make sure you post and ask questions 🙂

I will be removing the X32i forum area and putting the posts in the general space gaming area since this project is now dead as far as I can see.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Wait darkone: It's not dead yet as long as sirbaron doesn't confirm that! He did say he wished to lead a recruitment effort in order to spurr the game again and he might be using the boards here to do it!

ReplyQuote
SirBaron
(@sirbaron)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey there,

I can understand why people would assume that X32I is dead, and I can agree I would have done the same, however it is half correct, X32I from what has been seen in the past is no more, due to circumstances X32I is basically going to be started from mostly scratch, I say mostly because there's things my self, and a few core team members that remain have created, but this is going to be a project that is restarted very soon.

I hope to post further details on this in the near future, but rest assured you will start to see things about X32I pop up very soon.

Thanks for the continuing support, it is most appreciated!

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

huzzah! it breathes again! 😀

many thanks for the update sirbaron! looking forward to see more!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

The X32I Posts will still be there as D1 said he will put them in the general space game forum.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
SirBaron wrote:
Hey there,

I can understand why people would assume that X32I is dead, and I can agree I would have done the same, however it is half correct, X32I from what has been seen in the past is no more, due to circumstances X32I is basically going to be started from mostly scratch, I say mostly because there's things my self, and a few core team members that remain have created, but this is going to be a project that is restarted very soon.

I hope to post further details on this in the near future, but rest assured you will start to see things about X32I pop up very soon.

Thanks for the continuing support, it is most appreciated!

All posts from the X32i forum are in this area: viewforum.php?f=10

And as soon as there is new development work on X32i or a different title I will create a new forum for it. Just have to let me know.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Going to be re-organizing the forum areas shortly and I will be trying to make it a bit more neat and try to make it a bit more simple. Mainly trying to do away with the long list of forums on the mainpage and want to use more sub-forum features. We'll see how it looks after I do it and people can let me know if they want it back the old way 🙂 I will try to let people know if I change actual link names or titles for those that link to SSC.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Ok I finished up creating anything new and moving forums around and re-writing some descriptions. I hope it makes it a bit easier to navigate. A big reason for this was to shorten the listing of forums and to make certain areas larger in post/view size. As always feedback is welcomed and enjoy!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I would suggest that “General Space and SciFi Gaming Chat” needs to be renamed, maybe “Single Player Games and Chat” or some thing along that line.

Also moving the chat threads to the top and game forum to the bottom as at the moment you have to scroll down to see the chat threads. Same goes for the “Space and Scifi MMO Chat” forum

PC and Console gaming could be merged into one rather than having two separate forums..

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I can easily combine the PC and Console gaming discussions. And I will think of something to rename the general space/scifi chat section and kinda like what you suggested in the means of making it more general.

On the sub-forums taking up space at the top of the page I will have to look into because for as long as I have known this has just been the way phpbb worked. I will see if there is an easy was to collapse them or remove them entirely and make people use the top level forum page to drill in or make something custom if possible. But I will make those other corrections this evening.

Thanks Pinback for the feedback.

Update: Still thinking on a name for the general space and scifi game chat forum. Combined the console and pc forums.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Also moving the chat threads to the top and game forum to the bottom as at the moment you have to scroll down to see the chat threads.

Done. Only thing it is universal for all subforums so now all the subforums are located under that forums posts. It does make reading a bit easier.

PINBACK wrote:
Same goes for the “Space and Scifi MMO Chat” forum PC and Console gaming could be merged into one rather than having two separate forums..

These two have different game content in them. Because the 'Space and Scifi MMO Chat' is only for MMO's of that type and the PC/Console Chat is for any and all games. I did merge the two forums though since all games can be discussed. I think the little forum consolidation and making more neat looks good so far.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Might be an idea to change the colours of the sub forum blue text to some thing else on the main page as the whole board index page is mostly blue.

Any chance of bring back LadynightShade page header pic. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah. I was thinking about playing around with some styles since I didn't get a lot of feedback about that theme I pointed out about a week ago. I just need to try to find one that the colors come close to matching the blog. I will probably play with something this weekend if I have time and I will probably remove the arcade as well since its not getting any use really at all. I have silently converted most of the gallery to a blog plugin and integrated it into the site and looks a lot better only downside for right now is that users cannot upload pics.

I have been a little busy lately and have been slacking in site improvements but I am taking a few days off coming next week and wanted to get a little work done on the site.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The indicate new post on the main board/threads icons things on the left hand side don’t seem to do anything or at least they don’t do anything on my computer may just be my problem.

Don’t know if theirs a better way to indicate what has been posted for those not using a RSS feed.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Do you mean these links at the top of the main forum?

Quote:

View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

These links work for me. Now the only key thing here is that you have to be logged in usually for 'View unread posts • View new posts ' to work correctly. If I am talking about the wrong thing just let me know I just don't really see any buttons or links that I would click on for thread info besides them.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 11