Notifications
Clear all

Bengal Carrier

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This is a cool video talking about this beast of a carrier, its the biggest in both games so far.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

You want big D1?

Have a look at one of the cities a fan created out of material he could find!

It's about GTAV sized....

Note: 2 GIGs of RAM required

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

That is pretty big must have took him a while to put all that together. In that Bengal ship I like how Idris capitol ship, which is a big ship can fit in its hanger. Will be nice exploring that ship, and getting lost.

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

(Insert usual disclaimer about how I don't know what the ultimate result of Star Citizen will be.)

I really, REALLY wish that more of the gaming media seemed to understand how different Star Citizen is from other in-development games, and I don't just mean in scale (either technically or financially).  Cloud Imperium gives out a billion times as much detail on the development as any other game studio.  I don't program games, but I have been programming for 10 years and I have no doubt that what they do technically is very HARD.  Converting a big complicated beast like CryEngine to double precision and actually rendering things at huge distances while doing network connectivity between multiple players at the same time and having different physics for different environments all co-existing at vastly different scales must be unbelievably complicated.  And the assets they have in game show a remarkable attention to detail.  

Every time I see videos like this I despair because I know they are going to go through a shit-show of bad press at some point because that's just how the media is these days, there's nothing they could do would avoid it.  Just look how many more articles there already are about the loony-toon backers who spent completely laughable amounts of money on ridiculous things compared to the number of articles there are about what Cloud Imperium is ACTUALLY DOING.  It'll cast a dark shadow on something really magnificent.  People who have tempered expectations and are actually capable of having measured opinions are going to get so much joy out of actually experiencing whatever this ultimately has to offer.

ReplyQuote
wormhole
(@wormhole)
Petty Officer Registered

I really, REALLY wish that more of the gaming media seemed to understand how different Star Citizen is from other in-development games, and I don't just mean in scale (either technically or financially).

I couldn't agree more.

It is clear that gaming media doesn't follow Star Citizen development and that's a huge shame. The only decent Star Citizen articles I have read are from Germany PC Games Hardware - like this one Besuch bei Foundry 42: exklusive Eindrücke

CIG is in their own league what comes to material about the development process. They doesn't only produce lots of videos and articles but they communicate with the community a lot. They are active in their own chat, forum, reddit and they have a weekly show Reverse The Verse and shows like 10 For The Chairman (schedule for this week) where they answers questions from the subscribers. Sometimes they have special shows with a group of developers, artists, etc. to answer questions.

For some reason lots of people doesn't seem to realize how complex and huge the project is. Even very small ships has tons of details and with Item System 2.0 they will get even more complex. All the game aspects has to work in different physics grids and be able to move one to another seamlessly. All its huge amount of features and enormous scale without loading screens. One aspect I really like Star Citizen is that they pushes boundaries and technologies forward.

In many articles they continue saying that the development is slow ... unfortunately they never give any reasoning/arguments why they think so.

Oh well, at least their Gamescom demo and latest FPS demo got positive attention in some websites.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

I like how 4 years after its introduction, the ship is still WIP 😆

I wish they would have kept the original level of detail and rather, with such a large team they have now, focused on building more factions and more large capital ships for them.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Impressive as always. If I'd by saying "eye candy" it would be an understatement on my part.

ReplyQuote