Notifications
Clear all

EVA Transitions

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like zero-g combat is improving least from the standpoint of player control, looks pretty good so far.

Ambrosius
(@ambrosius)
Senior Chief Registered

Kind of absurd.  Jet pack is off yet he falls "down" onto station deck.  Even though IMO it's all just feature bloat, I understand adding FPS fighting in-station or on-planet.  But having someone running around in 0g just seems silly and unnecessary.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Kind of absurd.  Jet pack is off yet he falls "down" onto station deck.  Even though IMO it's all just feature bloat, I understand adding FPS fighting in-station or on-planet.  But having someone running around in 0g just seems silly and unnecessary.

I kind of agree here, I actually didn't want any of this FPS stuff in the game I only wanted ships, stations, planet cities and the ability to explore everything. But I think what they are trying to do is capture the non-space flight gamers out there for maximum selling. I know they should be working on content and the little details but instead they are working on FPS movement. In the end I will not care too much as long as what they promised me in the kickstarter in the game.

ReplyQuote
SirSteelBUns
(@sirsteelbuns)
Crewman Registered

But surely the FPS adds a nice new dimension to the game! Since the success of the fundraising, new and different facets such as the FPS-ish EVA mode are being implemented, which are outside the scope of the original game, but cool and nice additions none-the-less. The fact that RSI has decided to use all the extra money to continue to push development and add these things is epic!

Rather than retiring and shipping a space-sim, we get more stuff! EVA, modular ships and more functionality all-round, improved performance and better visuals, this is the future of gaming!

Yeah EVA FPS may not be your thing, but the bigger picture here is that RSI are trying to add everything they can think of to make Star Citizen the greatest Sci-Fi game to date, and possibly ever. The choice is yours, sit in your comfy ship or fly around like an idiot while people are arranging their ships at Olisar :p (I honestly quite enjoy the reactions of people when I EVA at full speed into their ship as they are preparing to take off). Plus space-ragdolls are funny!

ReplyQuote
wormhole
(@wormhole)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm one of those who things FPS is a great addition to the game. My plan is to start the game without flying the ship but mostly be working in space stations and do FPS related tasks. EVA is an essential feature to be able to do boarding etc.

To me Star Citizen is not only a game but a project which pushes gaming forward. Their way to do development and hugely ambitious plans are exactly what I think game industry needs at the moment.

ReplyQuote