SPG2 Patch Notes
Here is the newly released v1.0005 patch:
FIXED: An error in the Rift skill activation script that could potentially cause a crash
FIXED: Mission location on the Captain's log panel and on Mission info panel are now displayed properly
FIXED: Numerous errors related to popping up tutorial panels, that could potentially cause the infamous black screen of freeze
FIXED: Several other potential instances where the black screen could appear
FIXED: A memory leak related to sector streaming
FIXED: The infamous ghost planet should no longer appear. If it does, the game log should catch the problem in more details.
FIXED: Several smaller memory leaks
FIXED: An error related to enhancements that could potentially cause crashes
FIXED: Numerous issues in the localized versions
FIXED: Numerous smaller errors in the campaign
FIXED: Several errors in the UI system that could potentially cause crashes
FIXED: Numerous database errors that caused wrong bonuses to be assigned to enhancements
FIXED: Bookworm achievement is now achievable properly by any related means, and not just by waiting for each tutorial to pop-up
FIXED: You can no longer gain 2 loot drops by first sending in your scavenger drones and then destroying the derelict before scavenging was finished
FIXED: An error that could potentially cause friendly ships to turn against you when you're boarding a hostile ship near a station
FIXED: An error on the Starchart panel related to perpetual panning after closing the Starchart and opening it up again
FIXED: Mercenaries will no longer conclude you're dead when transferring command to a different ship (from the garage for instance)
FIXED: Numerous errors on displaying GUI when using controllers
FIXED: A controller related error that prevented overwriting an existing save file
FIXED: Numerous other controller issues
ADDED: Polish localization is now available (text only)
ADDED: Riftway network is now visible on the Starchart. A button on the main Starchart panel can toggle its visibility. The visuals will likely be changed.
ADDED: Maximum attainable experience level raised to 80
UPDATED: Slight changes done to the blueprint drop scripts. Further improvements pending.
UPDATED: Review button removed from the main menu
UPDATED: Allied ships now attack platforms
UPDATED: Allied ships no longer attack a ship you're trying to capture
UPDATED: Fire at will also ignores a ship you're trying to capture, BUT(!) Marking the target overrides that safety lock and Fire at will in that case fires at the ship
UPDATED: Game log records some extra data to help us find some problematic bugs
UPDATED: Platforms are now properly included in the Fire at will routine
UPDATED: Reputation change system (when destroying ships, declining contraband drop etc.) is now completely controlled via script to ensure proper execution (Spg2ScriptsAddReputation...)
UPDATED: Increased the max available quantity of every individual commodities on all stations to increase potential trader profit
UPDATED: Tutorial pop-ups are now spread out over the starting campaign mission and linked to other events as intended (when first entering an asteroid field, when first encountering a derelict...)
UPDATED: Heroes/Bounties will no longer harass you while you're on a storyline mission
UPDATED: Mercenaries now attack platforms as intended
UPDATED: Credits movie updated with several new people that helped us over the last few weeks
Still don't see better equipment/system and descriptions?
new patch it out on Steam.
Some of you will notice a discrepancy in the version number. This is to synchronize Steam and GoG versions, so no worries ;).
The focus was clearly bug fixes, but we've got the sub-system targeting properly implemented as well. So far it worked partially. Time to start knocking out individual systems properly :). The complete change-list is below.
Quite a bit of additional content is being produced as we speak, so the next update (planned for November 15th) should have a lot more ADDED tags in the change list :).
- FIXED: PTE is now properly shut down when anchoring
- FIXED: Fleet->Systems panel now shows accurate information related to fighter wings
- FIXED: Heroes can now be properly targeted when using controllers, by using Target nearest enemy
- FIXED: Bridge officer will no longer notify you that you destroyed another hostile when destroying one of your mercenaries
- FIXED: Mercenaries now repair Hull when you anchor on a planet or station
- FIXED: You can no longer issue Anchor command on a hostile station via the Starchart
- FIXED: A problem where the main menu would hang if you have multiple controllers plugged in at the same time
- FIXED: An exploit/bug when using controllers that allowed you to select and sell/unmount non-existing ship systems when using controllers
- FIXED: Selecting and using the Riftway button on the Starchart with controllers is now possible as intended
- FIXED: Icebreaker achievement now works as intended and does not trigger after colliding with a single asteroid
- FIXED: An error related to Guardial angel achievement
- FIXED: The Shipping magnate achievement now works as intended
- FIXED: The You da boss! achievement is now fully functional
- FIXED: An error that caused achievements to provide a penalty on PTE charge-up time instead of a bonus
- FIXED: An error related to Artefact vaults that caused several potential problems if you transported onto any of them
- FIXED: An error that caused your new ship to have more than its maximum Hull when transferring command
- FIXED: Model detail and LOD distance now work properly. More work on optimization is planned.
- FIXED: You can no longer anchor on a station if you attempt it via the Starchart, if combat begins on the way there
- FIXED: A scrollbar is now added to the News panel to prevent sections of the text from being unreadable
- FIXED: An exploit related to Heavy weapons and their ammo, when switching to a different heavy weapon
- FIXED: Contraband scans can no longer happen during cutscenes to prevent the game from being left hanging or even crashing
- FIXED: Numerous overlapping text issues in the Russian localization
- FIXED: Several malfunctioning collision meshes
- FIXED: Torrent surfer perk now properly displays the increased jump range on the Starchart
- FIXED: Wolverine's cloak field generator no longer has 0 Hitpoints, but proper amount
- FIXED: Several minor GUI usability issues
- FIXED: An error that occurred when activating Fire at Will, causing the first shot to target the wrong location
- FIXED: An error that caused object information to be displayed wrong on the object info panel
- FIXED: Game controls are now properly deactivated during cutscenes and some dialogs when using controllers
- FIXED: An issue that could potentially cause the game to crash immediately after the Campaign intro movie
- UPDATED: Now you see me... achievement made slightly easier to achieved
- UPDATED: Attacking neutral ships will now trigger a reaction from other nearby neutral ships of the same faction
- UPDATED: Moved Salem station away from the asteroids, so they don't immediately break on loading and leave collectible loot
- UPDATED: NPCs' chance of forcing player out of PTE now depends on player experience level and difficulty setting
- UPDATED: Heroes now repair their Hull while out of combat
- UPDATED: Campaign intro movie in the Polish localization now comes with subtitles
- ADDED: HUD Power indicator now has a corresponding tooltip to show precise numeric information
- ADDED: Game automatically chooses the stronger graphics card if more than one is available (This is especially important for players that have IntelHD in their computer!)
Happy Halloween captains!
New update, couple of days late but we forgive em.
A new update is here. We wanted the update to be more substantial than it is now, but the regional gaming fair Infogamer Reboot (during last week) took quite a bit of our time. This also explains why we were a lot more silent than usual. Things should be getting back to normal now :).
That doesn't mean this update doesn't bring anything to the table. Far from it. The highlight, I'd say is definitely the improved NPC AI, specifically aimed at their behavior in combat. We're not done with it yet however and the following updates should bring it all up by a few notches more.
Let us know what you think please!
- FIXED: Numerous errors in the Polish localization
- FIXED: Fire at Will no longer target your mercenaries if your reputation is Unlawful
- FIXED: Allied ships no longer attack your deployed SETH platform
- FIXED: SETH platform properly applies friend<->foe checks if you suddenly attack an allied ship and it turns hostile
- FIXED: Waypoint missing problem on Giant leap main mission should no longer appear (additional script added to make sure)
- FIXED: Several translation errors in the Russian version
- FIXED: Several translation errors in the German version
- FIXED: Several database errors in the German version
- FIXED: A potential problem with sound effects becoming garbled when near a TGate
- FIXED: Lure of the Lens potential problem where you couldn't destroy Clearmont station
- FIXED: A potential problem that caused Fog of War to reappear on explored sectors
- FIXED: A problem where Ferry freelance mission item does not appear in inventory, when planets are involved
- FIXED: Several errors with starchart labels overlapping
- ADDED: Station assault freelance mission
- ADDED: Station defense freelance mission
- ADDED: Fire at Will HUD icon now blinks to be more visible when you're attempting to use light weapons while Fire at Will mode is active
- ADDED: Ships and platforms now have new object markers to make them more distinct from other game objects
- ADDED/MODDING: AI Assembly helper application to game root directory. This is used to edit and create new behavior files (full modding documentation is to follow)
- ADDED/MODDING: Scripterion helper application to game root directory. Use this if you're into scripting in SG2. It shows all available script functions with descriptions and examples.
- UPDATED: Drastically improved NPC AI behavior
- They can now dynamically assess the situation and choose an according course of action.
- The choices they make differ on their faction and profession
- Sets of abilities and items that have, until now been reserved solely for the player, are now also available for use to the AI
- NPCs can use skills
- NPCs can use equipment
- NPCs from different factions/professions make different choices
- Since we have opened up a lot of possibilities for the AI, we'll keep a closer look on balance in combat and tweak things accordingly. AI improvements won't stop here as well - you can expect further improvements in this area!
- UPDATED: Turret view camera mode is now properly usable when playing the game with controllers (for the Xbox360 controller)
- when in turret view - hold LT and use the right analog stick for rotating the camera.
- UPDATED: Energy redistribution panel is now properly usable when playing the game with controllers (same as Skills/Items at the bottom of the HUD)
- Hold LT and use the left analog stick for redistributing power.
- UPDATED: Orpheus mine buffed to increase usefulness
- UPDATED: Options->Video->Presets now work as intended
- UPDATED: Post processing option in the Options->Video panel now affects more features to increase framerate when lowering this setting
- UPDATED: Options->Video->Environment detail and Model detail options optimized on lower settings to increase framerate
- UPDATED: SETH platforms work properly for quest related ships
- UPDATED: Several changes in the Freelance mission generator to reduce chance of missions NOT appearing
- UPDATED: Increased duration of special warnings (for example when you lose troopers when undocking from stations)
- UPDATED: Colliding with stations now deals shield/hull damage
- UPDATED: Shield indicator now longer shows some objects to have shields, when in fact they don't (planets, structures...)
- UPDATED: Increased Blueprint drop rate when scanning anomalies
- UPDATED: Reduced chance of an event taking place when undocking from stations and planets
new update on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/games/236150/announcements/detail/168086565767372831
We're continuing our work on the combat AI and on new content in general, but we thought it might be a good idea to release these fixes and changes to you ladies and gentlemen to have a smoother experience.
The highlight this time are fighters. More specifically, NPCs now properly launch and use fighters. We've automatically implemented a safety-switch so this only becomes apparent after you reach level 10. Just to make sure you have a chance and not get obliterated by the first enemy fighter wing ;).
The second thing to mention is the ability to become neutral/friendly with all factions. This comes with a limitation however! But only for now. This mechanic is apparent for now only if you start a NEW freeroam game. The next update should bring proper script checks and events to make the necessary changes in existing save files (both freeroam and campaign).
- FIXED: Several calculation and info display errors related to selling a captured ship before sending it to the garage and selling it from the garage
- FIXED: Info panel of a captured ship now properly displays Cargo hold data
- FIXED: Several errors where the Schematic panel (lower left HUD) displayed info on empty weapon slots
- FIXED: A problem using the Contraband scan panel when playing with controllers, that could potentially cause the game to freeze
- FIXED: Fire at will activation sound warning will no longer fire off when attempting to activate Fire at will while in Power to engines
- FIXED: A potential error where you could, in some instances pass through asteroids while in Power to Engines and in Go To mode
- FIXED: A sound related error that could sometimes occur that manifested as crackling noise, usually happening when passing sector boundaries
- FIXED: Your ship should no longer have pathfinding problems when in Go To mode. No more circling around stations.
- FIXED: Several smaller memory leaks to increase overall game stability
- FIXED: An error with object markers being displayed in front of you, when in fact the object is behind you
- FIXED: Sub system targeting keyboard shortcuts are now properly functional
- FIXED: Several smaller issues with the Fleet->Ships panel
- FIXED: An error that prevented the player from mounting Blazar heavy weapon onto his/her ship
- FIXED: Several errors in the German localized version that didn't switch text tokens properly in some instances (<RegionName>)
- FIXED: A Reputation and Mercenaries related problem that could prevent you from hiring mercenaries, or to display their alignment properly
- FIXED: A problem with UI sliders that would cause you to affect one slider even if you were hovering the mouse over another one
- FIXED: A problem that could prevent you from using Scavenger swarm via the context menu
- FIXED: Several errors with Enhancement bonuses not being displayed until anchoring
- FIXED: Revenge is sweet achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: No galaxy for old men achievement now works as intended. Veterans now spawn in Gemini more frequently
- FIXED: It's raining death achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: Homewrecker achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: Friendly fire frenzy achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: You da boss! achievement now works as intended
- FIXED: An error related to the Bookworm achievement that prevented it from saving properly
- FIXED: Salvaging a derelict with the Scavenger swarm is now properly taken into account in regards to the linked achievement
- FIXED: A problem that in some instances prevented you from installing heavy weapons onto the Adhara chassis
- FIXED: A problem that in some instances prevented you from installing heavy weapons onto the Medusa chassis
- FIXED: An error with calculating bonuses on some achievements that actually caused penalties instead of bonuses (Power to engines charge-up time)
- FIXED: An interface glitch that caused the Cloaking field system icon to display wrong in some instances on the Fleet panel
- FIXED: A discrepancy with the Loading bar progress that made it look like the game stopped working, but in fact the loading bar wasn't 100% synced with the actual loading
- FIXED: Platforms can no longer easily see cloaked ships and attack them on sight
- FIXED: Several errors in the Russian localization
- Some custom keymapping could get overwritten
- Several problems with overlapping text
- Skill and Perk titles on their corresponding tooltips are now properly displayed in Russian
- Waypoint is now properly named in Russian instead of English on target lock
- Asteroid is now properly named in Russian instead of English on target lock
- Several Wrong base link errors that could occur in some instances
- ADDED: You can now target-lock enemy fighters
- ADDED: You can destroy enemy fighters with heavy weapons and the Atlas Defense Fields
- ADDED: NPCs can now launch fighters
- UPDATED: Grappler System disabled text changed to System damaged to prevent confusion
- UPDATED: NPCs don't use mines, SETH platforms or fighters before player reaches level 10
- UPDATED: Added a chance to be attacked by hostiles during Science and Maintenance Freelance missions
- UPDATED: Fighters have new object markers
- UPDATED: Atlas Defense Field effective radius increased to 450
- UPDATED: Travel Agent achievement works as intended. Becoming neutral/friendly with each faction is now possible in freeroam and in the campaign mode (but AFTER completing the storyline)
- UPDATED: Assassins random encounter ships now properly decloak and do not simply appear
- UPDATED: NewGame.sgs file (Freeroam new game definition file) changed to allow becoming neutral/friendly with all existing factions
- UPDATED: Anchoring on stations now automatically deactivates cloak
- UPDATED: Riftways optimized to increase game performance
- UPDATED: Collect all now checks if there are any ship systems and/or Equipment in the loot and collects it regardless if you don't have enough space in cargo hold to collect potential Commodities
- UPDATED: Changing Energy distribution to increase speed during Power to Engines now automatically increases speed to maximum
- UPDATED: Landing on planet Trinity during the initial campaign mission is now free-of-charge
- UPDATED: Light weapons rebalanced
- beams are now efficient and (almost) on par with other weapons (they still stay the weakest because of instant hit mechanic)
- weapons are now put in weapon grades(so grade 5 beam should fit the grade 5 railgun strength)
- energy costs are changed
- big pricing changes
- UPDATED: heavy weapons have received reload time buff to make them more interesting to players
- UPDATED: some heavy weapons changed
- UPDATED: Ship weapon battery changes for specific ship classes, with some freedom of numbers around the base values
A lot more updated bits going on this time. I'd especially mention some of the optimizations, but we've also got some new feature additions.
Without further ado, have fun and let us know how it works ladies and gentlemen. In the meantime, we're going back to the trenches to keep working.
- FIXED: You can no longer anchor on a non-existing station (temporarily disabled/replaced during some missions)
- FIXED: Several minor errors in the captain's log mechanic
- FIXED: Player should no longer die for unexplained reasons
- FIXED: object markers are now visible until fighters dock on a ship for refueling (instead of until they're recalled by their parent ship)
- FIXED: Fighters no longer decide to attack ships that have been destroyed/disabled
- FIXED: Pressing Esc button while on Licenses panel now properly closes the panel, instead of opening the Main menu
- FIXED: Using Engineer skill to increase Shield strength now fills that additional strength instead of simply adding it as maximum
- ADDED: Automated repair facilities are now fully functional. Use the structure by entering inside its ring and wait for repairs to finish. It costs Credits though!
- ADDED: Convoy escort freelance mission.
- ADDED: Global event: War! which can escalate over time. As war escalates, so do actual battles in the region as well. It can potentially mean some nice salvage side profits.
- ADDED: Global event: Cease fire which as its name implies ceases all hostilities in a region.
- ADDED: When target locking an enemy fighter and the fighter goes off screen - an arrow appears to guide you where he went (as usual)
- ADDED: HINT pop-ups in the following panels: Trader, Fleet->Officers, Hiring, Drydock (->Loadout, Enhancements, Systems, Equipment), Best Buy/Sell, Skills and Perks when using controllers
- ADDED: Several Hull level related events on platforms
- ADDED: globalvar object & functions added to increase scripting/modding capabilities
- ADDED: A captain's log entry is now deleted when duplicated, to prevent cluttering
- ADDED: First person camera mode - This does NOT mean cockpit or bridge view though. This camera mode is similar to the mounted camera, but you cannot see the ship at all. Should be useful when using smaller ship classes.
- ADDED: Convoy escort freelance mission
- Mission spawn markers added to region files
- Freighter and freightliner ship classes added to regions if non already exist in memory
- Convoy icon added to the Starchart
- Objectives added to convoy ships for easier recognition
- Convoy speed increased by 30% when out-of-combat
- ADDED: Several text lines to Spg2TextsMisc.txt
- UPDATED: Further optimization in combat. You should feel a great difference during large-scale fights.
- UPDATED: Further performance optimization of Riftways
- UPDATED: Further optimized PhysX collision for better framerate, especially in the vicinity of stations and structures
- UPDATED: Optimized flares for better framerate
- UPDATED: Improved model streaming for faster execution
- UPDATED: All scripts are now compressed to further improve performance. Uncompressed backups can be found as *.zip archives in the Spg2 folder
- UPDATED: Main mission rewards adjusted to follow player progression
- UPDATED: Base ship shield regeneration increased for frigates and larger ship classes
- UPDATED: Shield reboot time decreased for gunships and corvettes
- UPDATED: Due to base shield regeneration changes shield booster equipment now increases regeneration by 200% (down from 400%)
- UPDATED: Increased fighter crafts Hull
- UPDATED: Increased and rebalanced fighter prices
- UPDATED: Rebalanced weapon types for most fighters
- UPDATED: Using the speed booster now keeps your current speed percentage stable.
- UPDATED: When loading the game all nearby Heroes will be positioned to a safe distance.
- UPDATED: Fighters and Interceptors now prioritize firing on enemy Fighters, Bombers, Interceptors BEFORE enemy ships
- UPDATED: Bombers now fire ONLY on enemy ships
- UPDATED: Slightly increased the chance of a global event firing off
- UPDATED: Implemented an additional script check to derelicts to prevent a never-ending stream of pirates protecting their salvage claim
- UPDATED: Landing fee calculations. The pricing is mostly the same, but uses different reputation limiters.
- UPDATED: Added reputation-based landing calculations for planets Thauria, Nyx, Carthagena and Eanakai
- UPDATED: Increased landing fee for freighters and freightliners (2000, 4000 Cr)
- UPDATED: Freelance mission marker now states what type of mission it is, instead of simple FREELANCE
- UPDATED: Single text length in a script file can now exceed 256 characters
- UPDATED: Data recording into log.txt suspended during loading to increase loading speed
- UPDATED: NPC AI upgraded. Trader and Miner professions will steer away from a station that is in-combat
- UPDATED: Increased the number of security ships near stations (region files changed)
- UPDATED: Several optimizations related to traffic density
- UPDATED: Wormholes can now be set as destinations on the Starchart
- UPDATED: Platforms now accept SetBoardable script function
- UPDATED: Several small Starchart marker visual changes
New update on Steam.
Time for the first update in 2015. This is a rather small update, primarily assembled as preparation for some bigger changes and additions to come in the next couple of updates. Check the list below for details please!
- FIXED: An error related to Maintenance freelance mission that would cause it to malfunction
- FIXED: Numerous small errors to increase stability
- FIXED: A potential error that would manifest as a blue floating line on the Starchart when choosing a destination TGate
- FIXED: Planetary landing panel now no longer slides across the screen in certain instances
- FIXED: Info panel scrollbar can now be used with the mousewheel
- FIXED: Several smaller errors related to the Convoy escort freelance mission
- Convoy security escort will now always join the defense
- Once destination is reached, the convoy ships are no longer marked as quest objects
- If a marked ship in the convoy gets destroyed, the marker is removed as intended
- FIXED: An error in the reputation calculation script when destroying ships of the Thaurian Alliance. You'll be getting positive rep now. (Thanks Dewar. I dunno how I missed it.)
- UPDATED: Script system cleared of redundant data
- UPDATED: A slight change related to flares to make sure nothing works out of the ordinary
- UPDATED: Game log records more information
- UPDATED: Standard random encounters now do NOT spawn if a battle is ongoing
- UPDATED: The game automatically slightly adjusts graphics settings on minimum configurations (more specifically graphics card)
- UPDATED: Weapons firing range that is displayed as hint on the Drydock and the Schematics are now synced
- UPDATED: Increased the number of freelance mission spawnpoints for Convoy escort missions
- UPDATED: Added several modifiers to the Convoy escort freelance mission
- Ambushes can occur
- Convoy path displayed on the starchart is now colored differently
- If convoy leader gets to 1500 units distance from the player, the convoy slows down, almost to a halt and waits for the player to arrive
- Convoy slows down during an attack
- UPDATED: Older save files (both freeroam and campaign) will now include the change in the reputation system which allows you to become good or even allied with Nyx, Empire, Directorate and Thauria
- ADDED: It is now possible to become neutral and allied with Nyx, Directorate, Empire And Thauria on older freeroam save files and after finishing the campaign mode (even if your save file is older).
- ADDED: Game log is now recorded through a separate process, so don't be alarmed if you see a console window popup when you're entering or exiting the game
- ADDED: OnLoadWorld script event
- ADDED: Region info panel now available when clicking on the starchart
Nice, patch v1.3 is out and was released on the 18th. Lot of good stuff in there and the release of the new DLC, great job LGM!
- FIXED: A bug that could trigger a constant loading of new video files, without first releasing the unused ones
- FIXED: An error that could in some instances cause asteroids to render improperly
- FIXED: A rare crash bug that happened when the player chose maximum weapon energy or shield energy in the energy transfer panel while affected by an engine dampener anomaly.
- FIXED: A problem with the drydock turret button that caused it to become permanently disabled
- FIXED: A bug related to Freelance mission generation that could in some instances cause the game to crash
- FIXED: A visual bug related to very bright or very dark ships
- FIXED: Several errors in the Assembly editor
- FIXED: Several minor errors on Taxy and Ferry Freelance missions
- FIXED: Side mission HUD icon is now identical to the log icon
- FIXED: Side mission markers are now properly shown on the Starchart, when the mission is acquired
- FIXED: Various minor errors that could appear when using controllers
- FIXED: A minor error with Thaddeus Malen hero definition file
- FIXED: A minor bug related to audio playback while anchored
- FIXED: A minor database error in the Russian localization
- FIXED: An error where a notification did not always appear when exiting a wormhole even if an event occured
- ADDED: Ships can now be added using global parameters instead of only local (region-based)
- ADDED: Automated repair facilities, artefacts, shield chargers now have special individual Starchart icons for easier recognition
- ADDED: Ion storm global event can now occur
- Be careful when entering Ion storm. It's discharges can severely damage your ship
- ADDED: Ion Storm now encompasses the Maelstrom region
- Maelstrom can be a good source of Ionized gas which you can sell for profit
- ADDED: Numerous side missions, mostly faction-related
- Side missions can be triggered in various ways
- Appearance of side missions is linked to both Reputation and player level
- ADDED: Bounty hunters of the Gladius Group now hunt for the player if his/her reputation is Outlaw
- The lower the reputation, the higher the chance of appearance
- Chance is automatically higher in some regions
- ADDED: Shield charger structure is placed in the world and can be used in the same manner as Automated repair facility (enter it...)
- Charging your shield costs Credits
- Simply enter the ring-like structure to start charging your shield. Credits are automatically deducted
- ADDED: Regions now become more difficult in several stages
- First switch occurs when player reaches level 30
- Second switch occurs when player reaches level 60
- ADDED: A third control scheme ONLY for Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers
- when starting the game, choose the Joystick/Gamepad scheme
- this scheme has predefined controls configured specifically for these controllers
- modifying controls in this mode is NOT possible!
- ADDED: Several gameplay effects on anomalies (when scanned) and accompanying HUD warnings
- ADDED: A specific side mission related script function to prevent bugs and glitches
- UPDATED: Target locking of objects is now automatic when using gamepads.
- Simply cross over an object with the targeting reticle to lock onto it
- In combat, some objects are filtered out so they don't get in the way (you can still manually target such objects by cycling through available targets)
- UPDATED: The in-game menu on the upper right (Starchart, Captain info...) is now hidden by default when using controllers. You can get the menu to appear by pressing the START button. This automatically pauses the game as well.
- You can change which key is used for this action in the Controls Menu, command is called "Show Menu". This change allowed us to free up some additional buttons on the controller, like DPad Up/Down for Tactical Overlay/Align To Plane
- UPDATED: Opening any panel/in-game menu/context menu pauses the game when using controllers
- UPDATED: When boarding enemy ships, troopers are automatically sent when possible
- UPDATED: Various hints and tooltips are added when using controllers (Drydock, Trader, Hiring... panels)
- UPDATED: Hints when using controllers are no longer placed in the middle of the screen
- UPDATED: Changing your avatar name when starting a new Freeroam game, when using controllers is now possible
- UPDATED: Changing the name of your ship on the Drydock->Customization panel when using controllers is now possible
- UPDATED: Autosave is now created when ANCHORING on a station/planet, NOT when leaving
- UPDATED: On normal and lower difficulty levels, when boarding an enemy ship - all allied/neutral/mercenary ships will immediately stop firing on it, unless instructed otherwise by Marking the ship (via the Context Menu)
- UPDATED: Starchart icons of collected Artifacts are greyed out
- UPDATED: NPCs no longer attack a ship you're attempting to capture
- UPDATED: Several minor changes in NPC AI
- UPDATED: Several changes to the game text files
- UPDATED: Increased level requirement for some events to occur when leaving stations or planets
- UPDATED: Numerous smaller changes made to different files to make the Secrets of Aethera DLC possible and in working order. Modders are encouraged to cross-reference their files with the default game files
- UPDATED: Added current contraband quantities so that players can decide whether they should pay the fine or fight for the valuable goods.
- UPDATED: Stations now show faction-ownership changes
- UPDATED: Several minor changes done to cloaked NPC ships
- UPDATED: More distant stations now keep a more detailed info on commodity prices
- UPDATED: Accepting quests is no longer possible when using T-Drive to open the Starchart
- UPDATED: Player name is now displayed on the dialog panel
- UPDATED: Add & Remove turret buttons are now exchanged with the Configure turrets button so it gives more info on what exactly is going on
New patch and news of some free DLC.
It's been awhile since our last update, but we have been working. Unfortunately, not everything is ready just yet. Our biggest announcement is the upcoming free DLC featuring a complete storyline, even longer than the original campaign. As we promised, we've been recreating the storyline from Starpoint Gemini 1 and it should become available in June! We'll make sure to announce the release as soon as we're ready!
But, let's return to the business at hand. What's this update about? Several things:
- Preparations for the upcoming free DLC
- Standard assortment of minor fixes
- And last, but nowhere near least: French localization. ALL credit goes to the esteemed gentleman by the name of SÃ©bastien Gigot, a member of this amazing community, who took it upon himself to translate the entire game to French.
Mr. Gigot, we owe you a debt of gratitude we can hardly repay. THANK YOU!
As always, if you encounter problems, let us know and we'll do our best to answer and help as fast as possible.
And finally we come to the already standard change list:
- ADDED: Follow mission button, which comes in handy when juggling several missions at once
- FIXED: Active Only button on the logs panel, now properly toggles between active/non-active missions
- ADDED: New mission markers (on the HUD and the Starchart) for acquired/followed missions
- ADDED: Campaign missions now have mission-appropriate images
- FIXED: Several errors in the Cat and Mouse campaign missions (Shinova problem)
- FIXED: Several minor errors in Second Front Baeldor side mission
- ADDED: Throttle/Slider implemeted for Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Cybord F.L.Y. 5 flight stick. ship speed should now properly change according to the position of the joystick's throttle/slider.
- FIXED: Some issues with resetting to default controls. Full Gamepad control (for Xbox controllers) should now properly load the correct controls at game start-up and the "Reset" button at Options->Controls should now reset the controls for the appropriate controller.
- UPDATED: Support for the following controllers:
- Logitech F710 Wireless Controller
- Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
- Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X
- Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
- FIXED: A bug where you were sometimes unable to accept a main mission (pressing Accept didn't start the mission)
- UPDATED: Minor changes in the flare system
- FIXED: Minor fixes in the Defense platform hitpoints calculations
- UPDATED: File loading system improved (optimized for mods and DLCs)
- FIXED: A potential problem related to News panels on stations where the game was attempting to access the wrong region
- FIXED: A potential problem related to loading textures on some graphics cards
- FIXED: A potential problem when drawing asteroids on some graphics cards
- FIXED: A potential problem when drawing junkyard on some graphics cards
- FIXED: Several fixes and improvements in the game log recording
That's great news that they are recreating the story line from the first game in the second game as I really getting into it until I fell foul of the ship controls method.
I read these notes last night after seeing SPG2 updated on Steam and some nice fixes and prepping us for a free DLC content update that is going to provide the original SPG1 story campaign so that is great from the LGM folks to do that. So would this mean that if you get SPG2 you technically get both games and that a huge plus and the original SPG1 storyline will be on a better engine so that is a huge plus. Think I will need to start over when that June patch comes out, will be nice to play it all from scratch. I just hope that the merging of the two storylines go well. Will be interesting to see how they rebalance the playthrough of the spg1 storyline with spg2 style units and equipment. 🙂
I see that the DLC is on sale right now 50% off.