Notifications
Clear all

Vessel showreel - Perun

Dorijan
(@dorijan)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Here's a first of upcoming short videos featuring Starpoint Gemini 2 spaceships. This is the Imperial Navy's Perun dreadnought. What do you think?

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Very nice!

Better not  to have this ship as an enemy behind, I guess ...

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hope you guys have sorted out the size issue this time around, a dreadnought sounds big.

Great lighting effects 😎 and will you be able to fly through the rings as IIRC you mentioned the planets would be 3d this time?.

ReplyQuote
Dorijan
(@dorijan)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

@XenonS

Yeah. Wouldn't be smart, but then again, sometimes there's no choice and the "Imps" get on your tail. Some of the side turrets can also fire forwards and when all those cannons open fire...not good...

@PINBACK

The planet in the video is full 3D, you can fly to it, land on it, do some shopping for some mean firepower and then hop back into orbit, right above the rings :).

Glad you like the lighting. We aren't 100% done with the ambients at the moment actually. We've refocused back onto gameplay, and leaving the finishing graphic touches for later.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Landing on planets this time, waoh 😎

I will refrain with my game suggestions at this point, knowing how difficult these things like a sort of ground combat on pirate bases, mining operations etc. are really difficult to implement , I just say it's a very nice surprise that I didn't expect.

Also congrats for the grafical artiwork.

Great,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Landing on planets this time, waoh 😎

I think they are doing it Freelancer style.

ReplyQuote
Dorijan
(@dorijan)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah. Landing on planets IS like in Freelancer. No atmospheric flight. Sorry if I misled you XenonS. It wasn't intentional.

Atmospheric flight, terrain, flying over cities, fighting over cities, bombarding cities, civilian population fleeing in terror 😉 ... that's something I'm hoping we'll get to in a future installment 🙂

ReplyQuote