Notifications
Clear all

Installing open source version ?

spica
(@spica)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi

Happy that Starshatter found a new home. Many thanks to DarkOne. Starshatter couldn't find a better place.

I am a long time space game player. I have tried almost all of them. Many great ones and also not so great.

I bought Starshatter from Matrix games a few years back but somehow was not able to get into it. I recently re-installed it

and I am now loving it. The official last version is 5.0.3. This is what I have installed. But I have been keeping

up to date with the latest news and now Starshatter is an open source project. Would you recommend that I install the

version (5.0.5) which is in the download section ? I know that it probably fixes some issues with the game, but is it worth

the effort ?

Thank you for your help and I am glad to be here.

wdboyd
(@wdboyd)
Petty Officer Registered

5.0.5 is perfectly safe. It was originally provided by the games actual creator.

There is also a recent open source update available at the link below. It is version 5.1.66

http://code.google.c...arshatter-open/

ReplyQuote
spica
(@spica)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you wdboyd.

Could I simply patch my 5.0.3 install with the patch 7.1.66 ?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
spica
(@spica)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I took the safe approach. I uninstalled and re-installed the open source file. I am now at 5.1.66

Looking good.

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

'spica' wrote:

I took the safe approach. I uninstalled and re-installed the open source file. I am now at 5.1.66

Looking good.

Glad you were able to get it up and running, Spica. Have fun!

ReplyQuote
vitamin
(@vitamin)
Crewman Registered

I wanted to try this game but it won't work. I followed all instructions found on this site:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=deaa20caec926f38d0d1c2ef82321f51&topic=80935.0

When clicking on game icon nothing happens... anything at all. Can anyone help me with this please?

EDIT:

At first I wanted to post this on hard-light.net forums but unfortunately I couldn't register there (had error saying that my e-mail is SPAM). So if someone could forward this message over there, I'd appreciate it very much.

ReplyQuote
kev11106
(@kev11106)
Senior Chief Registered

Some one please refresh my memory. What's in SSTGS.7z?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

It should be the full install if Starshatter if my memory serves me right.

ReplyQuote