Notifications
Clear all

STO is cheap on Amazon

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Amazon is having a sale on STO ... only $10.

Check it out

There has been a lot of content added the past few months.

Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered

Looks like it's down to $7.99 now. The "digital deluxe" download is around $14.99 at Amazon, Steam, D2D etc.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

If Cryptic drops there sub rate down to like under $10 I would probably sign up. Cryptic lately has been seeing some success in the F2P market with some of their MMO's so I think it might be a matter of time before STO goes this route personally. Seems like a lot of game companies are moving away from the subscription model.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

yea im playing Champions Online right now its not that bad at all once you get a hang of the controls, i hope they make lots of money, im been playing 3 days i might go gold soon (gold = monthly subscription) silver = free to play ^_^ they just need to make more items for gold uses and more classes and powers 🙂

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered

I'm sure STO will go free to play if Champions makes more cash as a free to play game. Which I suspect it will.

Heck, the current STO model irritates the crap out of me: pay subscription fee, then pay more if you want certain costumes for your captain or your ship ... plus XP boosts (seriously!), ships (including the really fekin' powerful Excelsior Retrofit), races, bridge officers ...

I'll go ahead and say that the Cryptic/Atari financial model for STO is the thing I hate the absolute most about it. Don't make me subscribe AND nickle-an'-dime me to death with your stupid microtransactions. Just go free to play or drop the store.

Personally I'm hoping they go free soon. I want more action in my PvP queue when I finally decide to try it, and the game is already setup for microtransactions so ... yeah. It's natural.

ReplyQuote
Direwolf
(@direwolf)
Crewman Registered

oooh. I was so tempted to try this a few months ago when I saw the cheap prices on Amazon. I was tempted again a few days ago. Until, I read this about Micro-transactions. I try my best to stay away from games that have those. Nasty things.I'd rather buy beer. 😛 😈

I was in the beta for http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/ . It was cool, but once they annouced the micotransationthingy I dropped my plans to buy/pay for the game.

ReplyQuote