Notifications
Clear all

Evochron Prototype: Gameplay Options Video

Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

This video shows a few of the prototype gameplay options being developed including the new build system, mining improvements, and distress call contract objectives. It also shows how the new carrier model looks. There are many other new elements, this video simply shows a few of the ones I've been working on lately.

The new build option is an all new system complete with a dedicated console menu and module based construction format. The new build system provides options for unique layouts and even supports building cities on planet surfaces (giving planets another beneficial purpose in the game's universe).

Hehhe i can't Wait!!!

ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Nice to see Evochron still being worked on, I'd love an excuse to go back to it.  

So, is this video of upcoming updates to Evochron Mercenary?  Is it for a sequel?  An free expansion, a paid expansion?  I'm seeing some more nice "Evochron Prototype" video, but I'm not completely sure what I'm seeing...

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

I would really pay a LOT if only EM would have a sort of advanced non-Newtonian flight model that makes maneuvres during combat somewhat easier. At the current state, I find the combat frustratingly difficult, yet realistic of course. Maybe a difficulty level for the flight model (where you could switch off the Newtonian Physics, but still having a decent flight model) would attract many more people to play the game. Actually, I like the Newtonian model for anything else than combat.

[ADD]

Just for the above not to be taken wrongly: I really like the combat in EM, it's only that if I pause the game for several weeks, then it's the hell of a time to get used to it again 🙂

I think the combat routine is the best in all space games I have experienced yet.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)

I sort of like that the combat in EM is difficult enough to take a few hours to get the hang of again.  Then again, I'm a huge fan of IWar2, so perhaps I just like torturing myself.  Then again, if it takes us 2 hours, it probably takes most people (who aren't obsessed with space sims) pretty much forever.  I couldn't help but laugh at my friends the first time they saw me play Elite Dangerous.  They played it for a few minutes, performed disastrously, then watched me and said in amazement "My god, he can actually keep [the enemy ship] in view".  I wasn't even particularly practiced at the time.

I applaud EM for actually feeling like a spaceship should feel.  That's a big deal to me.  The more arcade-like games (i.e. Elite) can just feel so wrong if you're not psychologically prepared.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

I now have the confirm from veterans that some worlds are much 'tougher' and the combat routine (AI) actually changes, oh my...

IWar2 - yeah that's what comes close to impossible combat, at least for me...Very happy that nobody has watched me, I never recovered from that slaughter 🙂

XenonS

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)

IWar2 - yeah that's what comes close to impossible combat, at least for me...Very happy that nobody has watched me, I never recovered from that slaughter 🙂

So you don't feel bad, I should mention that IWar2 did have a big problem with difficulty "spikes".  Indeed, one of the hardest battles of the whole game was pretty close to the beginning.  In fact, the inconsistent difficulty was certainly the thing I disliked about the game most.  I understand that there may be some mods out there which partially fix this, but it's been a while since I've been back to the game myself.

ReplyQuote
Pedrucius
(@pedrucius)
Crewman Registered

I'm almost crying right now...

ReplyQuote