New Years Resolutio...

Notifications
Clear all

New Years Resolutions...

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

It's that time of year again where your supposed to say your going to do something in the new year and fail at it 🙂 So what do plan to choose for your New Years resolution?

Personal level I want to loose 10-15lbs, damn getting older its definitely easier to gain the weight but removing it is much harder.

For SSC, I would like to see the site have over a 1000 registered members by Dec. next year.

I think I can accomplish both of those what ya think?

Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

Darkone wrote:
I want to loose 10-15lbs

Uh oh... bad news, Boss. Elevated norepinephrine levels when you are not exercising causes the body to store reserves.

In other words, gaming makes you gain weight.

(*heavy sigh*)

The only solution is the military one... PT first, then gaming!

PS: The corollary is that increasing stress -- like having someone yell at you while you work out -- improves both your neurotransmitters and endocrine levels which leads to a more effective workout. So forget about personal trainers... hire a Drill Sargent!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I thought about the military route again and wife wouldn't be happy if I joined up again 🙁

I know having a sit down job as a Software QA engineer doesn't help much at all. I think it's attainable with light bit of exercise and watching my food portions (which is my weakness I pile it on sometimes)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Darkone wrote:

Personal level I want to loose 10-15lbs, damn getting older its definitely easier to gain the weight but removing it is much harder.

Get yourself a push bike and cycle around the countryside. 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
farcodev wrote:
The only resolution for 2010: to make a playable beta

w/o no dreams there's no evolution 😳

ReplyQuote
scratt
(@scratt)
Petty Officer Registered

I'll second farcodev's resolution. 🙂

Oh, and to try even harder to plan and schedule ArcNebula more realistically as we move forward!

On the weight loss thing.. Because I don't jump out of planes or race as regularly as I did (partly because of ArcNebula) I actually have a Cross Trainer. 500+ calories three times a week and you'll keep yourself in trim. They are a worthwhile investment, but make sure you get a Polar watch so you can ensure you are working out in the fat burning zone.

In fact if you don't like the idea of a Cross Trainer, then anything with a Polar watch and make sure you burn 1500 - 2000 calories a week *in the fat burning* zone. 🙂

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

I want to exercise more often, make more money , learn more that can help me to make more money, and buy some guns and ammunition.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
scratt wrote:
Oh, and to try even harder to plan and schedule ArcNebula more realistically as we move forward!

I think AN is moving along nicely for the feature set that you are talking about providing, very interested to see what you have accomplished and in the small package that it comes in to fit on a mobile device 🙂

scratt wrote:
In fact if you don't like the idea of a Cross Trainer, then anything with a Polar watch and make sure you burn 1500 - 2000 calories a week *in the fat burning* zone.

Are they worth the $100 or so for them Scratt?

ViolentAJ wrote:
I want to exercise more often, make more money , learn more that can help me to make more money, and buy some guns and ammunition.

I have contemplating the whole gun ownership thing myself, I know after I got out of the military I didn't really want any weapons around but you never know... I would love to make more $$$ but the 5 kids I have sure use it up quick. Damn daycare is so damn high you need a extra job to pay for that alone 🙁

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Darkone wrote:
I have contemplating the whole gun ownership thing myself, I know after I got out of the military I didn't really want any weapons around but you never know... I would love to make more $$$ but the 5 kids I have sure use it up quick. Damn daycare is so damn high you need a extra job to pay for that alone 🙁

Why not start a Day Care Centre! Child care costs are a global problem. You really don't want to know how much it costs in the UK. A friend of mine converted all his farm buildings into nursery's and is now making far more money than he ever did as a farmer! Next he is thinking of converting one of his fields into a small aircraft airstrip and another into a motocross race track. He certainly has vision if nothing else!

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

Darkone wrote:
ViolentAJ wrote:

That can take a hefty chunk out of your pay, especially with everything rising in price as of late.

You'd also have to be extra careful with weapons if you have children.

ReplyQuote