Which Star Wars mov...

Notifications
Clear all

Which Star Wars movie is the best?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I know people will have there favorites by I think by far the Empire Strikes Back was the best.

Anonymous

I think the first movie 'A New Hope' was the best for me. Because it was the first I ever saw when I was a kid.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Much as I love Empire it has to be StarWars

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I like Return of the Jedi the best.

Because it's the first one has a full on space battle, with capital ship fighting each other.

And the the same time there's a lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader on the Deathstar and Han Solo fighting on the ground.

Plus flying into the deathstar was awesome.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Forgot about the cap ship battles. The Ewoks took away from that movie a bit for me. But by far movies 4,5 & 6 are the best even without the updated special effects and huge budgets.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

For me it has to be Empire. New Hope is great but Empire just seems richer by comparison. It introduced the Jaw-dropping At-ATs, Cloud city, Yoda, Dagobah, Snowspeeders & Taun-tauns, and had so many great moments in it: Han wrestling with his glitchy hyperdrive, the asteroid chase, the cull of Imperial officers, Freezing Han in Carbonite, the fight between Luke and Vader and the subsequent star-shattering revelation. The actors got to do a lot more emotional stuff, too.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Thanks Stardreamer, I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought Empire Strikes Back deserved to be #1 🙂 Still behind in overall votes though...

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

This is simply the curse of being Right when everyone else is Wrong, Darkone. 😀

Empire is, was, and always shall be the very best Star Wars film, followed very closely by Star Wars with Jedi falling into a comfortable third place. After a long drop-off we come to Revenge, then Attack of the clones and languishing last in "oh my god I can't believe this isn't bad fan-fic" place is Phantom Menace. A poll to find the worst would have no contenders but that one!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

We will win the fight Stardreamer.... nothing does better than convincing than video :). Speaking of video I cannot wait until Lucas finally puts the whole series on Blu-Ray. I just get tired of Lucas milking us fans for every dime and not giving us what we want 🙂

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

GLORIOUS! The entire Hoth sequence is perhaps my favourite in all of cinema. I was in LOVE with the AT-AT's when I was a kid. My brothers and I combined our pocket money and even bought one of the toys which soon became the most hotly-contested plaything in our home! Good times. 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Great as thoses sequence are can they compare to.

and

😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Damn Pinback why you have to bring up the destruction of the Death Star 🙂 Yeah I know Luke is the hero....

But I think Pinback shed a tear for the Wookie here....

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Let the wookie win. 😀

And as for Hans we all know who fired first.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

We all know Han Solo shot first.... 🙂

Learn some wisdom from the Jedi Master Yoda....

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Obi wan rambling on. 😆

ReplyQuote
Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered

Am I the only one for whom Star Wars died with episode I? Among people I know, and friends, many of whom were fans of Star Wars since the dawn of their perception of movies, Star Wars has become an object of revulsion, a childhood memory utterly abused and bespoiled.

I wish it wasn't so.

That being said, Star Wars episode IV for the title!

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Quote:
Among people I know, and friends, many of whom were fans of Star Wars since the dawn of their perception of movies, Star Wars has become an object of revulsion, a childhood memory utterly abused and bespoiled.

Most people who grew up with Star Wars feel this way. Like a best friend has been dragged into some bushes and mercilessly gang-banged while all we could do was watch the horror unfold.

I think Gaston Noe's film Irreversible captured the feeling best with its brutal 12 minute rape scene. Damn you, Lucas. Damn you.

Still, the pathway is now clear for a heroic return to form, no? And at it's peak Star Wars did bequeath a few great games to play about in. Tie Fighter, anyone? 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Ive always had the impression that 1,2,3 were made to sell toys you can see it starting in Jedi with the

ewoks.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Cambragol and Stardreamer are you trying to say after watching this that you don't absolutely love Jar Jar???

😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Jar Jar? This describes him best:

Oh but wait...Let's put that whole rant in it's proper context, shall we? 😆

ReplyQuote
Cambragol
(@cambragol)
Petty Officer Registered

Sadly, I don't think JarJar was the worst part of episode I. He was just the easiest to hate. There were plenty of worse scenes. One that particularly ruined it for me was the ridiculous underwater journey in which several alien sea creatures attempt to eat the Jedis' craft and are in turn eaten by increasingly massive creatures. So much about that scene ruined Star Wars for me. Is my memory failing me, or did they pilot their craft through an ocean that occupied the center of an earth normal gravity planet???

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

For my tuppence worth,

Empire is the best. The Empire was far cooler than the Rebels, cooler ships, cooler lines and they hate Ewoks, nuff said 😈

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yes another one for the Empire Strikes Back.... we can win.

ReplyQuote