Would you willingly...

Notifications
Clear all

Would you willingly get in a UFO?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

You have seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind and other movies like it where if you had the opportunity to go with a alien species and leave Earth behind would you go?

Hmmm would I go, heck yeah. Probably be my only opportunity to ever leave Earth's atmosphere while I am alive. Yeah I risk the probes 😮 . Then you will be able to answer the true question everyone wants to know.... Are there really sexy green females? 😆

alien-girl.jpg

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Darkone wrote:
Yeah I risk the probes 😮 .

😆 😆

HELL YES

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I voted yes, but only if they gave a go at flying it! Then I would head to the future (because UFO's can do that sort of thing) and bring you all back copies of Elite IV and drop them all over your home towns 😆 A sort of Alien Santa!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

So I take it you will be doing some time traveling Geraldine 🙂

I have always wondered what an alien species might think of humans?

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ofcourse, that's the opportunity of a billion lifetimes. May I even suggest that anyone who would answer 'no' probably doesn't belong on this site. 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Shant wrote:
Ofcourse, that's the opportunity of a billion lifetimes. May I even suggest that anyone who would answer 'no' probably doesn't belong on this site. 😀

Well maybe they are not looking forward to getting probed 😮

But a REAL SPACE GAMER would gladly accept all to go in a UFO 🙂

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Yeah, then there are those for whom the probing may be their sole reason for getting on board. One just never knows. 😮

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

😆 😆 😆

That is very true. Hey you never know it could feel quite good?

I think I would have a hard time sucking down some Klingon food at the dinner table.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Damn straight! Remember the episode on Next Generation, where commander Ryker had to eat a plate of "Gakh" with a bunch of klingons? I remember thinking 'To hell with that, you guys eat. I'll watch. If that offends you, bite me." I really don't think I could do it. I'd have to have the fate of the world on my shoulders to move hand to mouth.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

So just showing signs of weakness won't encourage you to eat it huh 🙂

C'mon Shant dig in.... or the federation could be at risk

20090507-gagh.jpg

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

HA! Good lord just looking at it is hard!

ReplyQuote
Vaipa
(@vaipa)
Petty Officer Registered

Why the gagh look especially scrumptious today

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

If that is all you had to eat you would eat it. Just think it would be a good test for your gag reflex 😆

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

I wouldn't eat it. Starvation is underrated. I'd go to the holodec and order an 8 ounce filet, medium rare, with a nice cabernet. And I'm still not sure I'd get the worms out of my head...

ReplyQuote
Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)

Darkone wrote:
If that is all you had to eat you would eat it.

Maybe after a few weeks.

Maybe.

🙂

Quote:
it would be a good test for your gag reflex 😆

I think that's why the Klingons call it "gagh". It makes raw targ look downright appetizing.

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

As for getting into a UFO, I would be curious, of course. But I cannot help remembering these people from Independence Day...

IndependenceDaySign08.jpg

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

IndependenceDaySign16.jpg

ReplyQuote
Grykus
(@grykus)
Petty Officer Registered

I'd bring a whole bunch of Space Sims with me, install them on to the ships computer and pull up X3 on the ship's heads-up display. What could be more fun then that?

- G

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

I`d love to travel to strange new worlds........ meet aliens of new and interesting cultures.......AAAAAAND KILL THEM!! 😈 😆

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

lol grykus. i took my daughter to a petting farm to see all the different farm animals and she walked round all day with her head in her D.S playin harvest moon!!?? 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Bullwinkle wrote:

I think that's why the Klingons call it "gagh".

Ahaha! 😆

Bullwinkle wrote:

As for getting into a UFO, I would be curious, of course. But I cannot help remembering these people from Independence Day...

IndependenceDaySign08.jpg

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

IndependenceDaySign16.jpg

ReplyQuote
XenoHelix
(@xenohelix)
Petty Officer Registered

Nope, and it's got something to do with things crawling up certain orifice 😆

If it was fun, why the heck you thing aliens kidnap people? 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

depends if they offer me candy. then no. never get in a space ship with no windows.

and if we are going to be going with a serious "what if" scenario.. can they feed me? what kinds of cultural differeces might we have? what about health risks from cross contamintation, why are they asking me to come allong? do they give you a "WARNING" mental trigger? what if your just food? can you really say you will be happy away from other human kind? all stuff you have to consider you know.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

This is obviously a guess, but if alien lifeforms are capable to coming to our planet. Then they must be able to over come the whole food concept and be able to synthesize something for you to eat. On the contamination, we have decon procedures that seem to kill 99% of harmful germs (that we know or) so I am taking it that the aliens would have something similar.

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
This is obviously a guess, but if alien lifeforms are capable to coming to our planet. Then they must be able to over come the whole food concept and be able to synthesize something for you to eat. On the contamination, we have decon procedures that seem to kill 99% of harmful germs (that we know or) so I am taking it that the aliens would have something similar.

and they got around good ole Eisenstein (/there equivalent discoverer) id assume they would be good for it.

decon only works for surfaces, not your insides, also what about the bacteria you need to function correctly? wiping out all foriegn elements from a human body will kill you. slowly. and i could see there motivations being one of several, Curiosity/ scientific pursuit, alien thought process (ergo doesnt make sense to us), social comprehension of a foriegn people/functional diplomacy, food (damn twilight zone). who knows? space hippies trying to save a specie and or planet? mabe they just wana try some weed. lol

anyway, personal opinion stands that they would have to make me a good argument for me to come along. i wouldnt even try it until ive had all my pressing questions asked and answered ahead of time. (did the same thing to my recruiter, know your options and the situation).

PS. are there females hot is the 3rd question i ask, just behind food and not being the food

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

If aliens come to Earth, we're toast. Any species that has space flight must be aggressive enough to have fought its way to dominate at least its own home planet. They're not going to suddenly become enlightened, any more than we are. They'll be the way they evolved, and they'll be technologically ahead of us, because they came to us.

I wouldn't get into their space craft. That just turns me into a specimen for study and exploitation. Even if their intention is not to destroy us, the act of fulfilling whatever their intended actions are will probably have that effect. It'll be like Europeans landing in the Americas for the first time, but without any of the empathy or understanding.

One thing that should be borne in mind is that all life on Earth has a common ancestor, and even the most wacky and alien-seeming species here is still driven by DNA and well understood biochemistry. Even here on Earth, we can't communicate meaningfully with most species - even those which might be sentient. Physically, we resemble almost none of the other species; even the other vertebrates are wildly varied, and the insects outnumber us by a frightening amount whilst not looking anything like us. Aliens might have no chemistry in common. If they even turned out to be (D)RNA based, scientists would actually see that as evidence that they were terrestrial in origin, or that we were seeded by them.

So, aliens will be different. They will be extremely difficult to communicate with. They will think differently, they will have their own motives, they are likely to be aggressively evolved, and they will have better technology than us. They will utterly trounce us. Even if they're Quite Nice Really.

ReplyQuote