Clear all

Game crashes (solution)

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

UPDATED 19.06.2013

Hi,

I have played the game and reached my first visit to the planet Yarent. From then on, I was getting series & series of game crashes like those:

Precursors.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module vital.dll at 0023:55041852, t_staticmesh::WindowToLocalOrigin()+0018 byte(s)

Registers:

EAX=0018B974  EBX=0018B870  ECX=00004809  EDX=0018B7BC  ESI=00004809

EDI=0018B9D4  EBP=0018B904  ESP=0018B76C  EIP=55041852  FLG=00210206

CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

Call stack:

(...)

The cause was:

When running the game, Precursors will write cache files into UserDocumentsPrecursorsCACHE

These files are updated as soon as you quit the game and may corrupt with new saves after re-installation or moving new content in the SAVE folder.

The solution:

If for whatever reason you want to backup your save files, be sure to backup the WHOLE Precursors folder in Documents, and not only the SAVE folder.

If you encounter game crashes like above and you cannot play further after loading a Quicksave or normal Save, do the following:

- Load your corrupt Quiicksave or normal Save

- Quick save the game immediately before it crashes with F9

- Quit Precursors

- In the DocumentsPrecursors folder, delete all the files in the CACHE folder

- Delete these 3 files in your game folder PrecursorsCACHEPC:

SHADERCACHE.DAT

SHADER_CODE_CACHE.DAT

LINEARTEXTURES.DAT

After that, load your newly saved game and there should be no constant crashes anymore, except some rare sound driver related crashes. Quicksave your game often!

XenonS

XenonS
(@xenons)
Topic starter  

The above post was updated on 19.06.2013

Changes: there are also some cache files to be deleted in the game folder.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Have you  experienced any crashes when using the meks on Reandore.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Topic starter  

Up to now, I've only played the Combat Robot (the mission was  to steal it in a base), used the tricycle and the combat buggy. No game crashes or problems, except:

After 2 hours of play, my laptop has shut down due to overheating (is it the cold climate in Italy ?!), so I will have definitly to step down with the maximal set video settings !!! 🙁

Maybe I shouldn't leave 4 Explorer Windows open before playing and also quit Firefox...

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

There is a option to hack them if your hacking skill is good enough.theirs one sat on the front lines.

ReplyQuote