Notifications
Clear all

The Precursors

Page 7 / 8

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I think Precursors points the way to this genre making a come back to the mainstream of gaming just making another Elite/Wing Commander clone is not going have much of an impact on the majority of gamers. Just look at Mass Effect if it didn’t have that bolt on 3rd person shooter would it have been half as popular as it is with the console crowd.

ReplyQuote
thegrube
(@thegrube)
Crewman Registered

Stuck!

I'm in the mission to pick up an Appropriate contact at Reador.As soon as I get to the Planet I get blown up within seconds.There is no green objective diamond.What am I supposed to Do? Spoilers OK. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

thegrube wrote:
Stuck!

I'm in the mission to pick up an Appropriate contact at Reador.As soon as I get to the Planet I get blown up within seconds.There is no green objective diamond.What am I supposed to Do? Spoilers OK. Thanks

Hello Grube

Is that the one where you are given the option to work for the Empire or the Brotherhood IIRC I think you had to goto the station first.

ReplyQuote
thegrube
(@thegrube)
Crewman Registered

PINBACK wrote:
thegrube wrote:
Stuck!

I'm in the mission to pick up an Appropriate contact at Readore.As soon as I get to the Planet I get blown up within seconds.There is no green objective diamond.What am I supposed to Do? Spoilers OK. Thanks

Hello Grube

Is that the one where you are given the option to work for the Empire or the Brotherhood IIRC I think you had to goto the station first.

I can land on the space station Pandora nearby but its just for upgrades no other conversation is available.The spaceport of Imperial Military Base Moroto,and the Free Merchants base on Readore are listed as Unavailable to me.I am totally confused what to do.I helped a freight transport bound for Readore but it accomplished nothing for my mission to Readore.

Nevermind I found A-Z on the space station and completed the mission,Thanks

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looking through some older post on RPS noticed this one mentions the Russian developer/publisher GFI who seem to have had some thing to do with Deep Shadow.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01 ... more-48140

Bit of a shame will wont be seeing cannon fodder3.

ReplyQuote
niadly
(@niadly)
Crewman Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Looking through some older post on RPS noticed this one mentions the Russian developer/publisher GFI who seem to have had some thing to do with Deep Shadow.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01 ... more-48140

Bit of a shame will wont be seeing cannon fodder3.

GFI are the morons responsible for screwing up the precusors localization. They are why we have so many damn posts on how to fix the english version of the game. everyone at GFI should be donkey punched.

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

Well, at least, there are no missing strings in their translation (finished game that way, without wesp5 work), like in White Gold localization.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

niadly wrote:

GFI are the morons responsible for screwing up the precusors localization. They are why we have so many damn posts on how to fix the english version of the game. everyone at GFI should be donkey punched.

donkey punched 😆 like it.

I wonder if they have DS assets and if there is any possibility of seeing the second part of game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Back on Goldin any know how to take a photo of the temple for archaeologist ❓

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:

You mean near the bandits lair? Just sneak there and take the photo through the hole in the desert.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Wesp5 wrote:
PINBACK wrote:

You mean near the bandits lair? Just sneak there and take the photo through the hole in the desert.

No it was the hall of the elders but I have managed to take the photo now, guess I was just stood in the wrong spot or did not have the camera zoomed in on it.

Any one know who ceiron is, and who is he offering to mediate with, he can found near the archaeologist. ❓

I’ve just check it again and think he be the bandit mediator as he wants 10 000 to do it. ❓

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:

I’ve just check it again and think he be the bandit mediator as he wants 10 000 to do it. ❓

No, he mediates for the civilians. As I don't know if the Amarns and the hunters are connected to the civilian faction status, I will have him improve their relation too in the upcoming patch. After all you pay enough ;)!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Good job that I did not have the money to pay him. 😀

Looking at the conversation log it really unclear who is acting for,and I wonder if DS intended that this mediator would act for both the citizens and bandits same as the one on Reandore and they just never got around to finishing it.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Good job that I did not have the money to pay him. 😀

Looking at the conversation log it really unclear who is acting for,and I wonder if DS intended that this mediator would act for both the citizens and bandits same as the one on Reandore and they just never got around to finishing it.

I think it's clearly obvious that he means the civilians, he is talking about "your people" and the "Amarns" a lot. But I think that DS intended the representatives in the BBK to be mediators but never got around it. I made it so and I also added Kasterly for the civilians and Scrubby for the bandits.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Good idea keeping then all in one place,have any mediators been found on Gil ❓

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Good idea keeping then all in one place,have any mediators been found on Gli ❓

Not that I know. But there is a mediator on Reandore near the lava lakes as well...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well back to hunting the dragon when I remember how to control the ship in space. 🙄

Just realised that this pic of a jump gate may be a nod to the Tomorrow War game and not the dull X games.

Precursorsxgate.jpg

Now all we need is for some enterprising eastern European/Russian developer to put the Tomorrow war and the precursors together into one game, Give it a big enough universe to get lost in and you would have one hell a great game probably also have a huge amount of bugs in it.

Any one wanting some fast money on Golden do the mother inlaw mission at the garage.

Nearly got it 😆

nearlygotit.jpg

Some sort transport link between the planet and moon sadly you can’t land on the planet so it does not look like there is any missions connected with it.

transport.jpg

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

The bad thing is that hidden content inside the game files implies that landing on the moon Negletik above was indeed planed at one time but not included with the finished game. I wonder if this could somehow be restored?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Wesp5 wrote:
The bad thing is that hidden content inside the game files implies that landing on the moon Negletik above was indeed planed at one time but not included with the finished game. I wonder if this could somehow be restored?

Be good if can be but how much is there, would there have to be new graphics or can the existing graphics be used.

Well I found the Dragon and I’am definitely going to need a better ship 😆 although I did got about 50 missiles into it before I got killed. 😀

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Be good if can be but how much is there, would there have to be new graphics or can the existing graphics be used.

If you look at the Negletik files with the recently released editor of the SDK you can see that there are a lot of unused graphics already inside the game. Now somebody would only need to learn how to use that editor ;)...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just found a fuel can first time I have ever found one in the game it’s in a locked ammo case by the low wall next to the machine repairing the buggy at the garage. It gives you a new option under the F key to refuel unfortunately it seems to the only one as it has not respawned yet.

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

You can use it to refuel Hansa (yes, those animals can ran out of "fuel", and Fuel Can is only way to make them move again).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

player1 wrote:
You can use it to refuel Hansa (yes, those animals can ran out of "fuel", and Fuel Can is only way to make them move again).

That’s hilarious nuclear powered Hansa 😆

Have you found any fuel cans on Gil if not them maybe wesp5 can do some thing for the next patch.

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

Personally, I would rather prefer if Wesp5 could find if Hasna "fuel" value is set in resource files, and if so, to see if it could be increased.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I was actually thinking about the buggies but I just been back to Gil and can’t find any buggies now guess once they are destroyed they do not respawn. ❓

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 8