Notifications
Clear all

update v1.8

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Update to v1.8 for the game can now be found in the download section (thanks CaptainKal )

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Wow, that's great news for me. In the past I invested much time to resolve install problems and setup the game to really have all its features working.
I'm eager to try this new update and see what it does.

Great 😎

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I think the patch only updates the English translation and it is a couple of years old so you will probably already have it.

My mistake for putting new in the first post, I will take the word new out and add v1.8.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Thanks anyway for the download! I'll take anything I can get. Actually I will have to move this game to my more powerful desktop system, so the timing is very good.

Thanks, also thanks to CaptainKal !

Greets,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I never did acquire this one on Gamersgate when I saw it and did a little searching and you cannot find Precursors on Steam, GOG or Gamersgate anymore... guess I am out of luck 🙂

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

I think GOG or Gamersgate are the best canditades to look for on a regular basis (Iast time I saw it 2 years ago for a low price, 8$-15$ or so).

But try dropping a gentle mail to them, maybe they make you an offer ?

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Think I saw it about a year ago on Gamersgate but their maybe other reasons for the game has being withdrawn from sale, probably copyright issues or compatibility.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hey Everyone

I have a dilemma here... CaptainKal wants to upload his version of 'The Precursors' here. Can I get in trouble here for allowing this?

You cannot buy this game from any retailer anywhere that I could find. And Deep Shadows (developer) website is all but dead. Could this fall under abandonment?

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

It will take some time, to upload the game!! (It's nearly 7 GB).  If it's not abandonware, then just keep it, for back up!!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I don't think it can be considered as abandonware as Deep Shadows maybe gone but their publisher are still going and the original Russian version could still be on sale in the Russian fed.

Ps delete some your messages CaptianKal as you cannot be PM.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Both the english and the russian version are huge in size, 7GB.

Other than the Wesp Update 1.8, I could provide some additional files necessary to make the game stable.

I'm currently running fine with the previous patch 1.7, but I doubt the 1.8 has corrected the crash issues. Also there is an option to use or not use the 'official russian patch 1.1' : But it's a dilema: if you use it, you will prevent some crashes, but you will have less interesting features. If you skip it you need some game files to be changed (I can upload them).

XenonS

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Done! PM is now clear!! And uploading is halted untill the situation about the state of the becomes clear!!

ReplyQuote