Top secret aircraft...

Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Top secret aircraft is missing  

RSS

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
August 12, 2011 04:34  

Just saw this on the news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14497641

It seems the US military lost their hypersonic Falcon HTV-2 test plane. At least it was un-manned, at least I HOPE it was un-manned. Is it me or does it look a bit like Coolhand's Police Viper out of FFE3D?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
August 12, 2011 07:06  

20x the speed of sound, now that's some serious G's.

The bad thing about this test flight is that I believe I read somewhere these test planes cost like 200+ million dollars. Personally I don't see how any plane could cost that much but I just don't see the USA having a fleet of these at the expensive cost of these things. You would think that they would at least do another 2-3 test flights before some type of mass production is in order.

What isn't discussed is its possible usage, at that speed is it only going to be a spy plane or will this hold armaments? This thing flies so fast that it could launch a missile and pass it in flight 🙂

ReplyQuote
TonySpike
(@tonyspike)
Senior Chief Registered
October 29, 2011 15:59  
DarkOne wrote:

What isn't discussed is its possible usage, at that speed is it only going to be a spy plane or will this hold armaments? This thing flies so fast that it could launch a missile and pass it in flight 🙂

i read somewhere this piece of either genius or insanity (you decide which) and thought i would share it, .......if a plane is travelling at mach 3 and it fires a missile .....wouldnt that missile already be travelling at mach 3 before launch and then have the additional boost of the speed its engine fires it at

theirfore the misile still travels faster than the plane

yeah i read that somewhere believe it or not .....my brain jumped out the back of my head afterwards it boggled my mind so much lol

ReplyQuote
Share: