Notifications
Clear all

Vendetta Kickstarter for I-pad version

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

A kickstarter for an I-pad version of Vendetta http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nline?ref=live

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

That really isn't too bad, where you pledge $25 and get a total of 10 months of game time if I am reading that right.

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

Its not just IPad compatibility I think they are pushing for version 1.9 which is an expansion of the PC game as well

They seem to be ticking along quite nicely up to 10% already. I think they'll meet target.

I really think its an excellent idea for them as much for marketing as anything else.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Its not just IPad compatibility I think they are pushing for version 1.9 which is an expansion of the PC game as well

Looks that way.

Also noticed that they have a stretch goal for landing on planets.

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

They seem to have hit a really flat patch.

I really can't understand why it is a really good game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Tis going slow but they still have 16 days to run.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

It's looking to me like they're not likely to make it, unless there's a sudden surge of interest.

I wonder if they've shot themselves in the foot by showing that you don't need Kickstarter to make a viable, multiplayer online space sim - because they've already done it. So why should anyone contribute money when it's clear they don't need it? It makes it seem like a cynical attempt to just jump on the SC bandwagon and get money, which is unfortunate.

I've played the game a bit and like it, but there's not enough content for me in terms of exploration. Was so disappointed when I saw the map and realised how few star systems there were  🙁  Anyway, I wish them every success.

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I wonder if they've shot themselves in the foot by showing that you don't need Kickstarter to make a viable, multiplayer online space sim - because they've already done it. So why should anyone contribute money when it's clear they don't need it? It makes it seem like a cynical attempt to just jump on the SC bandwagon and get money, which is unfortunate.

This is a very interesting point I didn't think of and really makes a lot of sense to me as to why it may not be doing that well. From looking at the rewards it looks like it is for new users to the game and not existing members, because if it was it would be able to get subscription rates cheap. And you are right in the fact that VO has been around a long time and it has been successful in terms that it is still here. So a kickstarter for ipad release is really not enough encouragement for people, because the pc owners know that v1.9 and 2.0 will come soon its just to have patience to wait for it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Dose not look like Vendetta will make it as it only has 32 hours left and there still just under the half way mark.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

They made it half-way, but I didn't think it was going to happen because of the simple concept is that VO is a P2P and my thoughts are that all the income that you make through this should be put towards enhancements and further development and to have a kickstarter to further development a long quicker isn't really a huge win for the consumer. Yeah they would be able to get it on the Ipad, but really 1.9 and 2.0 is what the players want and when you remove the Ipad functionally all they have left is a kickstarter for a patch upgrade. I am very impressed with VO thus far because they are the longest running space MMO so they must be doing something right. Just keep banging out the features and maybe in 2.0 they can introduce a F2P variant and see if that helps with the income.

ReplyQuote
Zemunelo
(@zemunelo)
Petty Officer Registered

They need to go on F2P as soon as possible if they want to advance.

But it is a question do they have servers capable for 10k+ players online?

ReplyQuote