Notifications
Clear all

VoidExpanse - Open World, Top Down, Space ARPG

Page 1 / 2

Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Good day, everyone. And big thanks to Admin of this forum for creating a separate category for us!

I present to you our new game - VoidExpanse.

23.png?maxwidth=500

Genres

open world (sandbox), top down, action, space, RPG, exploration

Some screenshots of work in progress

52.jpg?maxwidth=500

53.jpg?maxwidth=500

50.jpg?maxwidth=500

14.jpg?maxwidth=500

And a gif animation of flying the ship: here.

About the game

VoidExpanse is a space themed open world top down action RPG. The player takes the role of a spaceship pilot, and may explore vast expanses of space, engage in space combat and military missions, trade with NPC and space stations, mine asteroids, undertake various types of quests and generally do whatever he wants as the game is completely open ended.

The game can also be modded by using custom scripting interface. It has complete multiplayer support with persistent worlds and is cross-platform compatible (windows, linux, mac).

Your feedback

I am creating this topic in hopes to get some valuable feedback from you guys!

When?

We plan to start "early access" pretty soon.

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

From the first screenshot, I assume the control is point & click?

Or is that line merely just a generic waypoint line?

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered

Loving the animations. The shield reacting to collisions and the thrusters when turning/strafing look really nice.

Is exploration going to be deep and meaningful or is that just a term you use for uncovering different areas?

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

From the first screenshot, I assume the control is point & click?

Or is that line merely just a generic waypoint line?

No, movement controls are WASD+QE. That line shows where your weapon is currently targeting. That is needed since each weapon has it's firing arc and tracking speed.

Loving the animations. The shield reacting to collisions and the thrusters when turning/strafing look really nice.

Is exploration going to be deep and meaningful or is that just a term you use for uncovering different areas?

Thanks 🙂

As for exploration - we wanted to create galaxy where each system is unique which you can then explore. Space is just what it is, and empty space, so we wanted to do it in a way to make it worth exploring. For example in one star system you might find a pirate den, in the other some old graveyard with tons of wrecks, in yet another a mine field, etc. So, wherever you go you will find something different and interesting to explore.

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Finally, the first gameplay video of VoidExpanse. It should give a basic idea of what is already completed in the alpha and what this game is about!

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone! New update is here.

This time it's about the faction system.

57.png?maxwidth=600

You can read the description and see more screenshots in our blog post

here ---> http://atomictorch.com/Post/Id47

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

23.png?maxwidth=500

VoidExpanse is finally available for Early Access!!

Release post: https://atomictorch.com/Post/VoidExpanse-Alpha-Released

Grab the game here: https://atomictorch.com/Store

And please let us know what you think!

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

VoidExpanse has been Greenlit on Steam!

10146.jpg

You can read our blog post about this here!

This is really a milestone for us! 🙂 We are very happy that we were able to accomplish this thanks to great support from the community! 🙂 I hope the game can continue evolving into even better game as the development goes and I am sure with continued support from the community it will definitely be possible!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Excellent news Lurler any time frame for the game being available on Steam.

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

My guess would be - in a couple of months. The reason is - we want to make the game into more or less complete state before releasing on Steam.

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

VoidExpanse v0.10 is finally release with a lot of juicy features!

As always you can read the release post in our blog: https://atomictorch.com/Post/Id1081

ReplyQuote
FastJack
(@fastjack)
Crewman Registered

I am very happy to see you making such great progress with the game Lurler. I can honestly say that having been playing the game myself I can see all the love and dedication you all are putting into it.

I do believe that when you launch on Steam it will be a big success, so congrats for that and I look forward to all the future work yet to come 🙂

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for the kind words 🙂

I really hope so!

If the game is successful it would enable us to continue developing it and we have a lot of ideas what we can do with the game and what new things we can add.

Also possibly even starting some new project in the future.

Off: we've recently released a few more news posts about the game in our blog - https://atomictorch.com/

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

VoidExpanse - Update v0.15 is finally out!

23.png?maxwidth=500

Lots of new features are in! 🙂

Release blog post  - here

And a detailed list of changes - here

And a pic to draw some attention 🙂 Not really representative of the update though 🙂
10165.png?maxwidth=500

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

VoidExpanse Goes Beta!

10167.jpg

Now is your last chance to grab VoidExpanse for $9.99!

Yes, VoidExpanse officially goes beta! Though, it is mostly just a name change. The game has been stable for many months already, we just didn't feel the need to change the status, since it really doesn't matter. But now that the official release is fairly soon we felt it is time to finally do so 🙂 So, the next small patch will transition the game into "Beta" state with the subsequent release on Steam shortly after that and getting a "gold" (released) status.

But what does it all mean? It means that the game will no longer have "early access" discount and will be available for the full price at $14.99 USD, so if you were thinking of grabbing the game for cheap (just $9.99 now!) - it is your last chance! Naturally, you will also get the Steam key as well. We will update our Store page with the new pricing in one week from now, so don't take too long! 🙂

But some of you might also ask "but what about the future of the game?". And it is really simple, actually. We would definitely like to continue working on the game even after the release! For as long as people are interested.

And lastly, we all at AtomicTorch Studio just want to say big thank you to everyone who supported us and our project! Without you we wouldn't have been able to achieve all this!

Don't forget to visit our forums and let us know what you think!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Are you using Humble to send the Steam key?

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Are you using Humble to send the Steam key?

No. There is no reason to.

And frankly they don't even respond to e-mails 🙂 (we tried to contact them to arrange some things)

If you buy a game from us directly you will have a Steam key given to you there as well.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Congrats on going Beta Lurler, the game is looking great and have been reading the patch notes and a lot of good things you added to the game and nevermind all the fixes. Nice to see people bug squashing to get a good build out to the public.

Do you plan on having workbench for VoidExpanse on steam so there is a good place to see and get mods installed? And I haven't seen too much info released on player hosted servers, could you touch on what people can do with servers and mods?

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you 🙂

And to answer your questions:

Currently we don't plan to integrate the Steam workshop before release, but it is very well possible and ultimately we would like to do so.

Mods - you can install and play any mods, both in singleplayer and on a server (the game supports ALL mods for singleplayer and multiplayer).

Servers - you can run a server either on your computer or on a dedicated server hardware. And if you enable the server to be public (in the server config file) it will be advertised in the server list to everyone when they want to play multiplayer. You can also change other settings like whether you want the server to allow PVP and a lot of other settings. But the most fun part is that you can download or create completely unique mods for your server to basically make your own mini-MMO game! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone!

It's been a long journey to get to this point but we are finally here! VoidExpanse release date on Steam will be announced this month on March 16th, 2015. The release includes versions for PC, Mac and Linux, as well as additional features such as cross platform multiplayer and co-op, achievements, full modding support, Steam Trading cards, cloud saves and all other neat features we all like to have.

10258.png

Enjoy VoidExpanse release trailer on youtube. See you in the deep space!

And read our official release blog post.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Will you be sending the Steam keys out on or around the 30th?.

And theirs a new trailer for the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Great job on finally getting the game out to the masses and this release trailer looks great.

Hope the launch goes as you hoped and with what I have seen over the past year this game looks to be polished and doesn't look buggy from the videos I have seen.

ReplyQuote
Lurler
(@lurler)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Will you be sending the Steam keys out on or around the 30th?.

Hm, you can actually grab the key now. If you login to our site you can press a button to get a key 🙂

Great job on finally getting the game out to the masses and this release trailer looks great.

Hope the launch goes as you hoped and with what I have seen over the past year this game looks to be polished and doesn't look buggy from the videos I have seen.

Thank you 🙂

I really hope too. We put a lot of work into that game!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Hm, you can actually grab the key now. If you login to our site you can press a button to get a key 🙂

I will check it out when I can get you site to load as their seem to be a problem at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Site seems to be ok now, was able to log in and found the button for the Steam key and have activated it on Steam now just waiting for you guys to release it.  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2